ORBAT spawning with Vanilla Choppers?

1. 7 years ago

So I made UNSUNG factions with ORBAT (Which is amaazing by the way) but one odd thing is that logistics it will spawn vanilla choppers for both BLUFOR and OPFOR (Im not sure if its for transportation or reinforcement) . I mapped out some groups in each faction for Air.

Thanks!

2. Read here http://alivemod.com/forum/2446-specify-logistics-chopper-type

3. Thanks! Its been a long day at work haha, where do we add the classnames of the choppers we want available? Would I also have to blacklsit the vanilla ones?

Thanks!

4. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Custom_Blacklists

Just Ctrl-F search for The following example is for overriding the military logistics vehicles.

Note: Remove all lines that have ALiVE_fnc_hashCreate;
    Ex.

ALIVE_factionDefaultTransport = [] call ALIVE_fnc_hashCreate;
    ALIVE_factionDefaultAirTransport = [] call ALIVE_fnc_hashCreate;

Also add this to the very top of your staticData.sqf

if (!isServer) exitWith {};

@SavageCDN Can you make these changes ^ ^ in the example please? Thanks.

The vanilla ones are just a fallback, once you define them for the faction, they won't be used.

5. Oh dont all the lines have ALiVE_fnc_hashCreate;?

6. The ones that have [] as parameters, I think the two I listed are the only ones. I believe the other lines are hashset, would look but on mobile.

7. Ah ok thanks! So in my init.sqf I have

call compile preprocessFile "staticData.sqf";

and in my staticData.sqf I have

if (!isServer) exitWith {};

waitUntil {!isNil "ALiVE_STATIC_DATA_LOADED"};

[ALIVE_factionDefaultTransport, "UNSUNG_E", ["uns_nvatruck","uns_nvatruck_camo","uns_nvatruck_open","uns_type55","uns_type55_LMG","uns_type55_MG","uns_BTR152_DSHK"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [ALIVE_factionDefaultAirTransport, "UNSUNG_E", ["uns_Mi8T_VPAF","uns_Mi8TV_VPAF_MG"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;

[ALIVE_factionDefaultTransport, "UNSUNG_W", ["uns_xm706e1","uns_willys","uns_M113_30cal","uns_M113_M134","uns_M113_M2","uns_M113_M60","uns_M113_XM182"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [ALIVE_factionDefaultAirTransport, "UNSUNG_W", ["uns_H13_transport_Army","uns_ch34_army","uns_ch34_army_M60","uns_UH1D_m60","uns_ch47_m60_army"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;

Also I was wondering if theres a way to blacklist all helicopter transports? I noticed that (even before ORBAT) if I mapped out a faction and left the air transport blank or removed it completely it would use vanilla helicopters. For factions like vietcong its kind of odd to see them using helicopters haha

Thanks!

8. I though setting military logistics to faction only would solve that for mods like unsung. Is that not the case?

9. Edited 7 years ago by Opendome

Yea Im not sure, last time I tried before ORBAT I put it to faction only I still saw vanilla arma choppers flying around.

Also did I do the init/staticdata stuff right spyder? :P

Also right now with that setup Im not seeing any choppers at all (either for the US or NVA)

10. Looks good to me.

Not sure if it's possible to disable helicopters altogether, try disabling helicopter reinforcements in the military logistics module.

11. Wiki updated

12. tips tophat

or Sign Up to reply!