Tanoa Civilian Placement

1. 7 years ago

I noticed that there are still a few villages labelled on the map that still don't get picked up as a civilian area (Doodstil and Losi on the southeastern island. Cerebu, Koumac, Lailai, Tavu, Mauceba on the southwestern. Galil, Petit Nicolet and Saint Paul on the main island). Is this intended or has it just not be indexed yet?

2. Unfortunately the indexing process is not perfect and occasionally misses the odd settlement. Tanoa has been indexed (or it wouldn't work at all). A work-around is to use a CQB module with CIV_F as the faction and use markers to cover the towns you want civs to spawn.

3. Would these civs spawned with the CQB module be subject to the Assymetric system (meaning they could have intel, get recruited by the insurgent faction, etc) or would they just be decoration?

I'm assuming the latter but that would be cool if it worked.

4. AFAIK they are only decoration

5. So I have been working on creating some factions for use with the OPTRE mod. I created 3 factions for use in multiple missions and have read earlier about combining all the unit classnames in the CfgPatches.cpp

For Example;
    class CfgPatches {
    class testMod_test {
    units[] = {
    "UNSC_TRO_Rifleman_ma5",
    "OPTRE_ODST_Rifleman_BR55",
    "OPTRE_INS_Machinegunner",
    }
    However only one faction is still showing up. I have also tried combining all of the Configs with the factions in the autogen.hpp also with the same result of only one faction showing up. Any help would be much appreciated. I love the alive mod and this particular modual is great, i's just getting a little lost with the multiple factions.

6. Maybe post your question in this thread instead:

http://alivemod.com/forum/2406-orbat-creator-general-faq

or Sign Up to reply!