ALiVE 1.2 RC

1. 7 years ago

Tupolov

26 Sep 2016 Administrator

New build ready for testing here https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/releases

Please test and let us know. We aim to release this version officially this week.

2. Thanks Tupolov. I was having some odd issues with the last one so I look forward to giving this a spin.

3. Will test it out tonight. Thanks!

4. I'll download and see if I can get testing ASAP.

5. Edited 7 years ago by JD_Wang

Really excited for this, thanks for all the work you guys put in.
    Is there a list somewhere of maps that have been fixed or reindexed?

We seem to be in a situation where a lot of good maps that used to work no longer do, or in the case of Diyala never actually have worked properly.

I'm thinking about Diyala, Kunduz, Zargabad, Isla Duala (in fact I think none of Icebreakrs maps are working properly at the moment) etc etc

6. Is transporting vehicles by helo via slingloading disabled?

I tried having some landrovers flown in on a mission and the Helo showed up but with no landrover. It landed..then immediately took off, said supplies have been dropped, then flew away.

7. Tupolov

27 Sep 2016 Administrator

It hasn't. Thanks for the report. Are these CUP land rovers?

8. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Hey good job guys. Both missions I had that were crashing immediately when I pressed play with the last RC are functioning again. I'll be back at it later and will let you know if I see anything odd but so far so good.

9. @Tupolov It hasn't. Thanks for the report. Are these CUP land rovers?

Yup.

I also tried Burnes Foxhound with same result.

10. Friznit

27 Sep 2016 Administrator

@JD_Wang Really excited for this, thanks for all the work you guys put in.
    Is there a list somewhere of maps that have been fixed or reindexed?

We seem to be in a situation where a lot of good maps that used to work no longer do, or in the case of Diyala never actually have worked properly.

I'm thinking about Diyala, Kunduz, Zargabad, Isla Duala (in fact I think none of Icebreakrs maps are working properly at the moment) etc etc

https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/issues/9 . We still can't index Icebreakr's stuff because despite whatever dedmen did to get the dewrp data, our indexing tool still needs the maps to be not obfuscated to work.

Kunduz should be doable though. There's nothing to stop you giving it a crack!

11. Yeah I'll probably give them a shot at some stage, I was more concerned about the apparent bug that was stopping enough civilians spawning on Diyala etc.
    I might flick Icebreakr a message and see if we can't get some help with the obfuscated maps.

12. Civilians spawn on Diyala. It's just not in the densities I'm used to. Even with the newest Github and I'm assuming RC, even though it's marginally better than the last release, it's still not as dense as I usually see. At this point I'm assuming it has nothing to do with the index but more to do with the buildings being JBAD maybe?

13. Yeah Diyala is pretty much a write off at this point in time for Insurgency missions. Even with no filtering, extreme placement level I still only see 6-8 civilians at any one time.
    Shame really because that would be a great map

or Sign Up to reply!