Access Violation Crash

1. 7 years ago

Hey,

Keep getting this crash when trying to launch my mission from the editor can someone have a look please?

http://pastebin.com/DwP6NCgU

Thanks

2. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

What's the message you get after the crash? I don't know how to read these rpt files but I don't necessarily see any obvious errors. It seems to just stop.

Just Access Violation? What's the code?

3. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

And what map and mods (just so we can rule out anything obvious. I see them in the rpt but just incase it could be helpful could you list them)?

4. Crash in specific.
    https://gyazo.com/b7d3547e33651b274699c9295461ac2e
    And my mods
    https://gyazo.com/c5177b435d4574ca78f41a88e392cc61

Had it working before and I tweeked around with it and cant seem to revert whatever I have done.

5. Memory crashes like that suck. I'm assuming you obviously tried to delete the changes you made to get it back into a state where you know it was working (definitely do that if you haven't). I'd also suggest opening and clicking ok on all of your modules and even verifying the integrity of your game cache.

Also, if you're on dev branch or using the ALiVE experimental dev build, go back to stable for both. And make sure your mods are up-to-date.

As a test or last ditch effort, I definitely think it might be worth trying to rebuild the mission and continually entering it along the way to see what's up. I just discovered that you can relatively easily copy your bases and objects to a new map by highlighting everything, and clicking ctrl+c. Then open a new map, right click, go to transform (i think that's the one) and select the option to paste everything to the exact position. However, don't copy over any modules. They don't seem to work right after doing this (and some objects will still need to be snapped back to surfaces but not too too many).

I also use the default memory allocator (TBB4) in the launcher, and use custom memory settings in the advanced settings which seem to work well. I can tell you what I use for these later on but it varies I believe depending on your setup.

If I have any other ideas I'll post them.

6. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Also, I'm sure it won't help, but that load order is no good. As a rule of thumb from what I've been told, it should always be CBA first, then game changing mods (ALiVE, ACE, etc), then mods that rely on game changing mods, then client side mods, then, weapons/equipment/vehicles/units, then map packs, then the map the mission depends on last.

7. Just going to try re-building my mission step by step on a smaller scale then if that works up the sizes not got a clue what I am doing wrong keep going in circles with it.

I will just try booting it with CBA first though and see if it makes a difference. Have you got any example missions spare just so I can have a look with all the modules placed down etc to see what I am doing wrong would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

8. I highly doubt building a mission wrong would cause a memory crash like that but I guess anything is possible. My best guess is you introduced a conflict with some feature you added or possibly even are using an absurd amount CQB or objectives which can also cause memory crashes (but I really am doubtful of the latter being the cause).

I have several missions I can share. If you don't already have the mods required for my missions in the user mission area on BIS forums, I do have two others with RHS I could send you since I see you're using that already. Do you want to see an insurgency on Diyala with RHS US against ISIS or a conventional battle with RHS Rus versus the Ukranians on Chernarus? Both would need Project OPFOR.

Or you could always take a peak at the QuickStart mission for Tanoa that I'm pretty sure comes with ALiVE. It's fairly basic as its intended to be but gets the job done.

9. If it crashes everytime it's probably due to a mod, whether it be a corrupted/bad mod or incompatibility.

10. I think its my RHS:AFRF it seems to keep deleting files. I am loading my mods up one by one to see what the problem is and I only had that and the US RHS on and it crashed. Was fine with US on its own but when I put AFRF on it crashed. So I went to my folder and hit the updater and now it loads fine. Would there be any reason why my files are deleting themselves?

11. Deleted 7 years ago by S.Newbould
  12. Is there comparability issues with ace and alive?

13. Ace and ALiVE work fine together.

14. So is it still crashing? I personally only download the Armaholic versions of RHS. Obviously the updates and torrent work for tons of people but you could always try that just to rule it out.

15. Sorry I was out all day yesterday. I got RHS to work however every time I tried playing with ACE it crashed. I re-downloaded ACE and got nothing still crashed. Any suggestions ?

16. Hmmm, what about the ACE compatability pbo's for RHS weapons etc? Are you using them?

17. I didnt realise there were any for the RHS mods? I have them on for CUP. Just found a download will try this. Thanks!

18. Edited 7 years ago by Riley

You already have them in your ACE > optionals folder.
    Just move the ones you need + their BISIGN files to the addons folder in ACE.

or Sign Up to reply!