logistic reinforcements not working...plz help :)

1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by DLEGION

hi all guys !
    i've almost finalized my domination-alive mission, but yesterday i noticed that something wrong with military logistic....i destroyed many units (of red faction) by myself, and waited...but were never replaced !!
    i think to have sei it right....so please if someone can take a look at my mission and explain what i did wrong would be really awesome !! i uploaded it here (whithout all scripts to save space):

http://www.filedropper.com/mission_22

really huge thanks for any help !!
    byee

2. Noticed the same thing with a mission I did the other day. If you can get me the following info then I can take a further look at why this happens.

Total force size for all sides (e.g. west => 400, east => 400)
    Force weightings for all place modules
    Total number of objectives
    Number of objectives occupied by each side at start (e.g. west => 8, east => 16)
    Reinforcement settings in the commander modules
    Anything else you think might be helpful
  3. 10 squads blue 10 squads red. Weighting on mech infantry. Total obj 3.( only 1 to be attacked. 1 for each side as hq).
    Reinf settings to infinite, dynamic, 90%.
    Thanks !

4. Edited 7 years ago by marceldev89

Hmm with those numbers I don't think it's related to what I was thinking. Can you try upping the squad numbers to say 20 and see if reinforcements start to work?

I'll check out the mission later today to see if there's anything obvious.

5. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I've had the same problem with small numbers of groups. They tend to not try to hold the military obj's necessary for the reinforcements. I'd definitely try upping the force numbers and also consider adding a cust obj set to spawn a unit or two over a mil object itself.

6. I can try for testing purposes....but my mission cant support more units

7. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

What about about having a unit or two just hang back and hold the military HQ or obj? They'll never reinforce if they don't hold a military obj.

8. hmm... i problably didnt understood how reinforcement works.
    i just wish an endless battle between RED and BLU (10 -12 units each at max) , both competing for a big central area.
    in fact seems i have a lot of troubles to make it happen :(
    if somene can help on this front would be really appreciated!
    the mission link for downlaod is in the first post :)
    thanks !

9. If it helps any, I had a similar thing happen in a mission on Takistan. The mil log side (BLUFOR) had plenty of units so I knew that wasn't the issue. But they never would replenish. They'd just deplete and deplete until the battle was too lopsided.

What I realized was that essentially, I had blacklisted both airports/military bases from BLUFOR so they never had any suitable place to replenish from. The second I added custom objective set to spawn at least 1 BLUFOR unit over one of the bases, BLUFOR finally 'held' the base and reinforcements would arrive no problem.

I'd suggest either starting both sides from large military objective (such as a base with a runway for planes) or placing a HQ set to spawn close to the module and make sure units are set to occupy them.

Reinforcements will only be allowed to come if OPCOM has a suitable military objective under their control. The easiest way would be for that objective to be their own base.

10. Rhanks for the tips !
    Well they both have a taor with a runway....what else they need ?
    My head is crashing !!!

11. A runway isn't required, just make sure that the commander has control over a mil objective. Apparently.

12. From the wiki:

Dynamic - LOGCOM chooses the best insertion point from available friendly held objectives. High Priority objectives such as airfields and military bases with heli pads are preferred. If there are no suitable locations, LOGCOM will look for low priority military establishments or marine civilian locations (sea ports). These have a significantly lower logistics capacity than major military bases and resupply will take longer. Location start is the closest held objective in "reserve". The state of the objective is key, you won't get reinforcement start there if the objective is under attack etc.

Fixed - Static selection of logistics insertion point. LOGCOM will find the closest High Priority Military Objective to the location of the Logistics module on the map. This must be held by Friendly Forces. If the location is lost, Logistics will cease to function until the objective is recaptured. The objective must be under side control and in "reserve."

Tip: use Military Placement (Custom Objectives) set to very high priority (e.g. 999) to set a custom fixed insertion point.

13. ....so just a single taor with airfield & landing pads ecc is not enought...i need a second taor to act as "reserve " ?
    i try...

14. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Turn on debug for the military objective module, take a peek in game, and make sure both sides have units spawning inside some of the larger military objectives.

If you need to, add a custom objective module for each OPCOM set to spawn units inside their respective military objectives. I'd say 2 infantry units each would be enough to consider it held. So, for example after you debug, if each side has an air field, let each side spawn units in the airfield.

15. Ita a bit complicate, but i try today and will report results ! Thanks for your help guys, really appreciate it !

16. hello guys!
    i finally made the changes, placed a custom objective inside red and blu main TAOR, and linked to opcom.
    i got a tank, destroyed almost everything, and after some time... a huge air drop happened ! yeah!

now got new problems....almost all vehicles were arty tanks (while i set mech infantry), and the vehicles got crew exiting vehicles while they were at 40m height (with obvious results).
    i'm a bit disappointed...what the hell i'm doing wrong ?

17. Doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong... the crew exiting at height is a known issue and doesn't usually happen. Not sure why you just got arty vehicles but if you are getting any replacements then it is working.

or Sign Up to reply!