Player persistence failing for first player on dedicated server on missions with lots of data

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

For anyone curious, over on Github, Friznit is recommending putting this in the init.sqf:

waituntil {(player getvariable ["alive_sys_player_playerloaded",false])};

Link to the wiki entry: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Script_Snippets#Wait_for_Player_Persistence_to_Initialise

3. Unfortunately this doesn't resolve the issue I don't think.

4. Friznit

23 Jul 2016 Administrator

Have referred to Tup - he'll need to poke around in the DB a bit to see what's happening.

5. Roger, thanks. I'll add any more info I see from the RPTs to the Github issue.

6. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

So I tried out the persistent battlefield and auto Init options in TADST. The initial mission start was perfect but after closing the server and starting again (while leaving the game menu open), I lost all "talk to pilot" options in transport support vehicles.

Also, when using persistent battlefield and auto Init on mission start, I get a message that the player is in control of Zeus. When not using persistent battlefield auto Init, in the same mission, I don't.

7. Yeah, see my earlier posts...

...auto-init solves all persistence problems it but breaks mission scripts

It messes a few things up unfortunately. Does player persistence work with your mission without auto-init?

8. I'll check. I didn't put in a particularly good session yesterday (I'm terrible lol) so I didn't save. I'll try later without auto Init see how it goes.

9. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I wonder what the deal is with that Zeus message only showing with persistent battlefield and auto Init enabled. I'm new to Zeus so I don't know how important that message is or not. I don't get the greeting without persistent battlefield and auto Init so not sure if that's normal.

It likes to pop up simultaneously with the player profile message.

10. Who knows. Maybe it's a good sign if the player is supposed to be in control of Zeus.

or Sign Up to reply!