Player persistence failing for first player on dedicated server on missions with lots of data

1. 7 years ago

I have a vanilla mission on Altis with way too many objectives (about 110 per OPCOM so near 220 total which is why I haven't released it) and the pre-play map screen where the briefing would be is fine. That missions is vanilla, plus Spyder Addons.

Also in my released missions which use a crap ton of mods and scripts, which average around 85+ objectives a piece, the briefing screen is just fine too and those missions actually have diary record briefings.

That said I haven't tested in a dedicated server environment recently. Just SP and/or LAN. Is this only happening on a dedi?

Errors will most definitely make strange stuff happen on initialization. But your report example wouldn't have those I don't think.

For various reasons reported today I need to hop on my server to get a look-see at how ALiVE and Spyder Addons are working in that kind of environment. I'll let you know what I see later. Strange stuff.

2. Edited 7 years ago by incontinenetia

I'm away from my PC today but will post one when I'm back soon.

I have a feeling this could be a pretty universal issue though as my usage is fairly niche (SP on dedi for performance and persistence). Would love to iron this out though as I have a load of scenarios I've been working on for months tailored specifically for this usage and I'd like to release them but I haven't been able to get past this player persistence issue since the CBA changes just after EDEN.

I've started missions from scratch and even changed PCs since then and the same issue, each time, even with brand new modules with each ALiVE update, player persistence has failed on anything other than the most basic Stratis-sized missions. Each time, auto-init solves all persistence problems it but breaks mission scripts. Really want to get these missions out there!