Error Message Stuck on Screen. Forced to Alt-F4

1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by Shadow60_66

Found a pretty minor or major bug depending on whether or not you've saved. I was forced to Alt-F4 because I forgot to name a marker which caused this error to appear on my screen and no matter how many times I click OK it stays. I'm a frantic saver so this is no big deal for me but I'd hate to see someone lose their work because they get stuck.

http://imgur.com/KjgMzDJ

2. I wouldn't say this is a bug. I've seen similar errors when fluffing up a marker name (example, putting the name in the text line rather than the name line, or typing it wrong in a module).

3. Hmmm... in the 2D editor you could not hit OK without entering a marker name in the field... I guess this check doesn't exist in the 3D editor?

4. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

It's a BIS dialog so nothing we can do about it not being close-able. Will look for alternative methods for notifying the mission maker of missing markers.

5. Alright, I checked it out a bit more.

This popup stems from the IED Threat module. I had no issues with closing it though. Can you check again and see if you get the same "frozen" error again? Thanks.

or Sign Up to reply!