SUPPLY Crates

1. 7 years ago

Guys, my new mission base in Tanoa is suddenly full of supply crates I don't want. How do I get rid of them?

Many thanks.

2. Turn off the slingload option in the transport support module.

3. Makes no difference and I am using Player Combat Support. This is only happening on Tanoa, but it really annoying.

4. Friznit

16 Jul 2016 Administrator

They only spawn if you have the sling loading option set to "Yes" in the Combat Support Transport module.

It was a bit of a placeholder as explained in the release notes - we're aware it's not ideal and will be removed/changed in the upcoming patch.

5. Thanks. I guess I'll handle it for now! :D

6. @Friznit They only spawn if you have the sling loading option set to "Yes" in the Combat Support Transport module.

It was a bit of a placeholder as explained in the release notes - we're aware it's not ideal and will be removed/changed in the upcoming patch.

I'm not so sure about that. I don't use the transport module. I manually place the choppers and write the code in the init and the crates still spawn.

7. Same problem here and I also use "Player Combat Support".

Couldn't one write some thing like this, if one knew the name of the variable for slingloading?

this setvariable ["CS_TYPE","TRANSPORT"];
    this setvariable ["CS_CALLSIGN","MUMAKIL"];
    this setvariable ["CS_SLINGLOAD","NOPE"];

8. Hello....sorry can someone explain exactly every step to remove this crates ? Thanks !!

9. Friznit

17 Jul 2016 Administrator

Right now, just turn off Sling Loading in the Transport module.

10. @Friznit How do we disable it if we don't use the module but manually place the chopper and sync it to CS?

11. Friznit

You can't in the current release. We've added a variable for the next update.

12. Edited 7 years ago by Metaphysicus

Thanks @Friznit!
    @DLEGION and to whom it may concern! If you use the "Player Combat Support" you can use this after the next update:

this setVariable ["CS_SLINGLOADING", false]; //disables sling loading on transport helis

For more information visit: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Combat_Support

13. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Thanks. Can someone show me how the code would look for a transport chopper with slingloading false? I see two seperate entries, but not an example of two entries together.

Also, will we really not be able to use slingloading just because we don't want the clutter? Would there be no way to keep slingloading in the mission and just add our own objects ourself?

14. Put the following in the init line of the chopper and sync to PCS:

this setvariable ["CS_TYPE","TRANSPORT"];
    this setvariable ["CS_CALLSIGN","Callsign of unit"]; //<- optional
    this setVariable ["CS_SLINGLOADING", false];

And about the clutter, good question!

15. Tupolov

Edited 7 years ago by Tupolov

-image-

16. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Height = Altitude of the landing site....

What does that mean?

I take it replacing 5 to 0 in your example means no pre-placed boxes with slingloading still working so thank you! :)

17. height is the height that the cs asset spawns

18. Friznit

@SpyderBlack723 height is the height that the cs asset spawns

It's there so people can spawn things on the LHD and other carriers.

And yes, we've heard all the feedback loud & clear - next update has more flexibility of how many boxes you want spawned, including 0 if you want to place them yourself.

Thanks for testing the new feature!

19. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Can I get clarification on what is assumed when adding this setvariable["CS_TYPE","TRANSPORT"]; to a helicopter init?

Will this automatically default slingloading to false or do we need to write it? Also, I'd assume that also means if slingloading is false, putting the init line for crates to 0 would not be necessary and would be redundant?

I'm prepping some missions for the hotfix and just want to be sure I'm doing it all correctly.

20. Tupolov

Transport could be anything tbh, crates are separate to slingloading. They are they for you to store things, move things around etc.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!