Alive kills my frame rate in all situations [SOLVED]

1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by rollerlockkablam

I have not found anyone else with this kind of problem.

After an update a few months ago, my ARMA 3 started to lag to an unacceptable degree. After tinkering with the game and testing to launch the game with just one mod activated at the time I found out that the problem has to do with the ALiVE mod.

The symptoms I get are consistent and the same whatever the situation. It always drops down to between 5 - 15 fps when I move.
    It does not matter if I join a friends server where he has a detailed map and we are many players or if I go into the editor and just put out one single unit in a field and take control of this unit. If I stand still, I have awesome frame rate. But whenever I move (run, walk, anything) it tanks to a lag that makes the game unplayable.

I have tried:

• Lowering all graphics to minimum
    • Changing a parameters in an .ini file
    • Deleting the ALiVE mod content and re-download it

The problem still persist

Is there an explanation for this phenomenon, and more importantly, are there any solutions for it?

2. You can try deleting your Arma profile and creating a new one, another user had the same issue.

You can also:

• Ensure both ALiVE and CBA are updated to the latest version
    • Verify game cache via Steam
  3. Thank you for the reply Spyder

I actually have ensured both ALiVE and CBA are updated and I have also verified the game via Steam.
    But I will try to delete my profile and creating a new one. Let's see where that will take me.

4. Edited 7 years ago by rollerlockkablam

Reporting in

SpyderBlack723, you were correct. I only deleted my old profile and created a new one and it seems to have fixed the problem.

Many thanks!

5. What an odd issue. The thought of this happening to me and losing my keybinds..... *shudders*

Won't somebody please think of my keybinds????

6. @HeroesandvillainsOS  What an odd issue. The thought of this happening to me and losing my keybinds..... *shudders*

Won't somebody please think of my keybinds????

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/192477-getting-back-keyboard-settings-after-apex/

Apparently BIS doesn't care about my binds either. :(

7. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

What's the appropriate way to delete a profile? Like, nuke the whole thing and back up my missions (then put them back) or is there a specific file that should be deleted?

8. I believe they are stored in their own folder under Documents\Arma3 so you can delete it through the in-game interface then nuke the folder if it still exists.... after backing up missions to your new profile of course! Not that I've ever made that mistake myself in the past and lost hours of work and almost killed my cat in anger :(

9. Oh no I better listen and follow this post carefully! I have a cat :(

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i4vtg73nnskcuyg/image.jpeg?dl=0

My game has been acting a bit wonky lately. Not sure why. It's fine when I play on AuTigerGrad's server (phenomenal, actually), but when I play on my own client/LAN performance has been absolutely terrible, regardless of the mission, with drops into the 3-4 FPS range suddenly after an hour or so.

10. I had to delete and re-create my profile last A3 update - my keybindings reset somehow to default and could not get the ALiVE key to re-bind to the App Menu (or any key for that matter). This is the first time I've had to do this for A3.

BTW your cat looks possessed ;)

11. That cat has to be possessed.

12. My cat has this urgent desire super early in the morning to get as close to my face as possible while laying on my chest and (gently) putting his nails into my kneck and/or chin. Someone walking into the situation would think he was trying to strangle me. Which he may as well be. Even gentle nails into your flesh really hurts. I think you may have a point now. :)

Yeah I should just bike the profile and start fresh. I verified the game files and it didn't say I was missing anything.

Example: I called in transport and CAS at the same time in a mission last night, and when they both arrived, my game went from running absolutely flawlessly to on the verge of an imminent crash. Probably 1 FPS. So I teleported away from the area and it was fine. Which was odd. Teleported back to the location and same deal. Slideshow. Literally.

Thinking I could duplicate it, I restarted the mission and teleported to the location upon spawning. Called in CAS and Transport and it was fine. Really weird. I hate when I can't duplicate stuff.

It's been like this with just random performance issues since Apex released so I think this is a good idea. Thanks SavageCDN.

13. @SpyderBlack723 That cat has to be possessed.

I'm scared to go home now. I think you guys are right. I mean just look at that face!

14. Friznit

18 Jul 2016 Administrator

@SpyderBlack723 That cat has to be possessed.

Yeah... By my gf it sound like

15. Deleted 7 years ago by SavageCDN
  16. @HeroesandvillainsOS  My cat has this urgent desire super early in the morning to get as close to my face as possible while laying on my chest and (gently) putting his nails into my kneck and/or chin. Someone walking into the situation would think he was trying to strangle me. Which he may as well be. Even gentle nails into your flesh really hurts. I think you may have a point now. :)

If you haven't seen it already...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088889/

17. LOL! No I haven't seen it. But I really don't want to give him any ideas now.

This morning he came up to where I was sleeping and kind of cutely laid his head down on my head. Then he reached for my throat. Was he checking my pulse so he could eat me if I was dead?

or Sign Up to reply!