Way to Replace Static Weapons?

1. 7 years ago

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if there was a way I could replace the vanilla M2's which spawn at roadblocks and camps with another static weapon? Maybe through the init of the module?

Thanks!

2. Deleted 7 years ago by Friznit
  3. ahhh so if the faction has it, it will automatically utilize it instead?

4. not in my experience.

5. There is no way to do this without adding a custom composition

6. ah ok thanks! Not a big deal I was just wondering, jsut out of curiosity how could you make a custom composition that would work?

7. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Script_Snippets#Add_Custom_Roadblock_to_Civ_placement

Not entirely sure if it will work but EDEN compositions slotted into that array might be enough for it to function.

8. Awesome thanks!

9. Edited 7 years ago by Dexter

@SpyderBlack723 http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Script_Snippets#Add_Custom_Roadblock_to_Civ_placement

Not entirely sure if it will work but EDEN compositions slotted into that array might be enough for it to function.

Do you know how to easily get EDEN compositions?

EDIT: I've discovered that I can find my saved EDEN compositions in my profile folder. I still do not know how on earth to get them to resemble the code listed in the link you provided, where the objects are neatly placed in a list. The compositions file, .sqe is very large.

The way I see it, I'll need to;

1. Open up the editor, place down all ALiVE compositions.
    2. Take not of the names of the compositions.
    3. Replace the static weapons with my desired weapons (RHS).
    4. Export from EDEN and replace using the code you linked above.

And do that for every ALiVE composition with a static weapon? I really wish there was an easier way. The main reason I am seeking this out at the moment is because I recently had one of those default Titan static launchers destroy a boat I was driving up and down the coast with crazy precision. I figure changing it to the SPG-9 or something like that will prevent that kind of high-tech killing by the AI lol.

Any advice from you would be appreciated :)

10. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Yes, you'll need to find all ALiVE compositions that use a static weapon and then you'll need to replace that static weapon in the composition config. It's not a huge amount of work.. but next update all of ZEC's compositions will be merged so there will be a TON more compositions to go through so I don't really recommend it..

11. @SpyderBlack723 Yes, you'll need to find all ALiVE compositions that use a static weapon and then you'll need to replace that static weapon in the composition config. It's not a huge amount of work.. but next update all of ZEC's compositions will be merged so there will be a TON more compositions to go through so I don't really recommend it..

Oh, great. Thank you for the reply. You're really helpful on the forums.

Do you know when the update is projected to release?

12. Soon™

You can test it here - https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/releases/tag/v1.2.0.1608121

13. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@SpyderBlack723 Yes, you'll need to find all ALiVE compositions that use a static weapon and then you'll need to replace that static weapon in the composition config. It's not a huge amount of work.. but next update all of ZEC's compositions will be merged so there will be a TON more compositions to go through so I don't really recommend it..

Oh that's awesome news. I just discovered ZEC and it's making mission building a lot easier. It's great to see you guys team up.

14. @SpyderBlack723 Soon™

You can test it here - https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/releases/tag/v1.2.0.1608121

Just had a secondary thought.

If I wish to use all of those new compositions instead, to prevent the use of the default static weapons, how would I prevent the default ALiVE compositions from spawning and use only those?

15. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I'm *pretty sure* he's saying it would take a lot of work to accomplish this here really soon because they are adding a super mega ton of new compositions. If you haven't seen ZEC yet, oh my goodness there's a lot of compositions.

16. They are intermixed, many of the default ALiVE comps were removed and ZEC compositions were put in their place. And yes there is at least 100+.

or Sign Up to reply!