CSAT and IND spawning instead of modded faction

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

Yes it's just as if you are invisible to the AI - units should still spawn once you are in range, etc.

3. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Well, I think you already covered the issue of mod selection when reporting that British Steel uses the same modset as you and there the problems don't appear.

Yeah I know, right? This is why I just can't wrap my head around the problem. But not only is this behavior normal for a badly configured unit mod, but it's also the only mod you and I have in common aside from Spyder Addons.

I mean what else could it be at this point?

I'm super eager to see what happens when I remove CAF entirely including the civs. If it still happens then the there's a much different problem occurring, but in that case, you'd think someone would have reported the issue by now. I guess we'll see and I'm excited to see how your test goes! Thanks for the help man!

4. Ghosting used to be broken because of a BIS bug, should work fine now though as noted above ^^

5. I've always just added a zeus game master module synced to the player and flown around as zeus. Things still spawn fine.

6. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Ugh...

I completely removed CAF as a dependency and vanilla independents just spawned at what I'm thinking is a roadblock (it's a wall of tires covering the road). Which is where they ALWAYS spawn.

At this point it seems the issue is ALiVE itself since Tourist and I now officially only share one mod (Spyder Addons).

Can a dev please help me solve this issue? I have no idea what else I can do.

Am I wrong that these are vanilla units?: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g30f8z1o083h4u6/20160511211924_1.jpg?dl=0

EDIT: ^^^ Doing a bit of research these seem to be vanilla OPFIA units. And also, regular bug helmet CSAT is still spawning as infantry patrol around the map too.

7. Heroes can you give me a simple repro mission with just cba, alive and the unit mod you are using... on Stratis if possible? Post the mission.sqm to pastebin and link back here (or upload the .pbo somewhere).

I seem to recall a similar issue when roadblocks were first introduced but thought it was fixed.

8. Yes of course.

What's funny is two things: I actually did make a brief test on Stratis and couldn't repro; as well as using British Steel https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/184500-alive-ace3-coop-sp-british-steel/ by AuTigerGrad which uses the exact same mods that I use, in an effort to prove/disprove a mod conflict, and couldn't repro it either. LOL!

But yes, definitely. I'll make a vanilla + faction mission that hopefully duplicates it for sure and thanks for offering to help!

9. No worries... devs are lazy bastards so someone has to pickup the slack around here... ;)

10. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

From @Friznit

Perhaps now we've released the code Open Source someone will have the time to look into it!

^^^How I imagine all future threads being answered. ;)

Of course I'm kidding. I appreciate you taking interest in helping me resolve the issue and all the help I've had from everyone here over the last year or so.

11. I've just placed down a custom objective. Forced faction as caf_ag_me_t and they all spawned in as csat!

12. @Sheeps

Can you try a different faction please? And if you can repro can you share the mission? It's very possible this is related to custom objectives as I use them quite a bit for fine tuning.

13. I'm getting the same error but I can only spawn CSAT units, no matter what faction name I assign it the faction field. I try CUP factions, RHS factions and vanilla factions and none of them work. I'm new in editing in ALIVE so maybe there is something I'm doing wrong but I downloaded a example mission on stratis and edit it and works well. I also try editing a basic mission in my brothers computer that uses the same mods that I use and doesn't work.

Here is the link to a basic mission using only ALIVE and CBA mods that has the error: https://mega.nz/#!G1pTTKKR!r4GqVc8BKNtMG9p7JAlqVU6yJ1U16jr7mqg0U2fEIGo

I'm doing something wrong?

14. If you're only using @alive and @cba what faction are you trying to spawn? Can you type post a screenshot of one of the mil/civ obj modules showing the faction you typed in? Are you seeing any errors at startup in the radio chatter field (bottom left corner of the screen when playing)?

15. In this case NATO vanilla forces. Here are some screenshots of the mission (the interface is in spanish). https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B70pNz1wn_8ienFPQWNCeldUZlk

In this mission in not seeing any errors but in another one in chernarus I was getting a "there are no groups for opcom factions" or something like that.

16. In one of the shots you've written BLUE_F

I'm fairly certain that is not a correct faction name (though I don't pretend to be an expert on vanilla factions). Try BLU_F (which is NATO) instead and let me know if that fixes your problem and gives you the desired result.

17. @HeroesandvillainsOS  In one of the shots you've written BLUE_F

I'm fairly certain that is not a correct faction name (though I don't pretend to be an expert on vanilla factions). Try BLU_F (which is NATO) instead and let me know if that fixes your problem and gives you the desired result.

That was the problem. I was using wrong faction names or unsupported ones (looks like al factions from CUP aren't available yet). Thanks for the help!

18. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@SavageCDN

Here's a test mission on Stratis which duplicates the issue with CSAT spawning. I found a CSAT guy randomly trying to shoot me from a tower in a compound.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/57jzs0uzvffpvi4/Oh_Canada.Stratis.pbo?dl=0

Requirements
    CBA
    ALiVE
    CUP Weapons
    CUP Vehicles
    CUP Units

To try and accelerate the issue, I set roadblocks and random camps to high, and I also enabled the intel on dead bodies as well as set installations to extreme. The second group I spawned to had CSAT (note: I can say with certainty removing installations and intel on dead bodies does not fix this problem. Though I'm hoping you'll see the Intel on dead bodies error too :) ). I figured CUP Takistani's was a decent choice here considering even the ALiVE official MSO remake uses that faction (I think). Anyway, I figured CUP_O_TK_MILITIA was about as safe a bet of a "clean" mod as any I could have used.

19. I've added this issue with the sample mission to the Github if someone wouldn't mind checking it out.

20. Thanks won't have much time until the weekend to check it out.

21. No thank you. I'm looking forward to getting this one fixed.

or Sign Up to reply!