Opfor AI Factions not working?

1. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by Justin298

So today I updated to 1.58 for Arma 3, and updated to 1.4 for ALiVE. My ALiVE was working great yesterday with zero problems. Now I am having only one problem so far with the updates. When I try to place custom OPFOR units that are supported in ALiVE. I am currently using CUP units such as CUP_O_TK_MILITIA and CUP_I_TK_GUE. I can't seem to get any OPFOR factions in general to work. Even just the basic OPFOR factions won't work. I keep getting the error, CUP_I_TK_GUE doesn't exist or is spelled wrong, please check to make sure its infantry, air, sea, and all that nonsense. Is there any fixes or some way of making this work again?
    Edit: Civilian Factions work just fine, and there modules. It seems to be the OPCOM ones. When I try to edit the AI commander in Asymmetric they stop working. But If I leave them alone and not edit any options they seem to work. But how do I make it so its fully functional again?

2. highhead

23 Apr 2016 Administrator

HI!

Try to use the same spelling as its in cfgFactionClasses! using cup here without major issues!

3. I gave CUP_O_TK_MILITIA a whirl yesterday and it definitely works exactly as you wrote it. Are you getting any errors in the radio chat area? Definitely make sure your modules didn't get changed to objectives only too.

4. I think that might be the problem, I have them all set to objectives only. I will give it a go. For the most part, it seems that it doesn't want to read any Opfor units or any units. No matter the way I put it. It's quite weird, but I'll give it a whirl.

5. Okay so did the following testing, I managed to spawn in OPFOR units when using place units on the modules. But it is not spawning the correct faction for CUP_O_TK_MILITIA.

6. What is it spawning if not the Takistani Militia?

or Sign Up to reply!