Suddenly persistence and profile loading not working (SOLVED)

1. 7 years ago

Here's a rpt file. Since you guys and BIS updated, I can't get my PC talking with War Room any more:

http://pastebin.com/Gaik4zDb

I'll go back in and see if deleting and replacing some modules will work. But so far, I have redownloaded ALiVE, tried the @aliveserver file from your main site and the other link from the War Room server setup page, replaced alive.cfg, verified my external IP, rechecked my server and hostnames and no dice. Was all working perfectly two days ago. Haven't had a problem with this in a long time but I'm stuck.

2. Tupolov

23 Apr 2016 Administrator

You have to load the @aliveserver addon when launching your server :) Its not listed in your mods loaded.

3. Hmmm. It's in my mods list on my server itself (TADST). Odd...

Good catch and thanks for narrowing it down for me.

4. Is anyone here using TADST ok since the update?

@aliveserver is added in my mods list just like it always has been. Wondering if I either need to delete/reinstall the program or figure out an alternative. Nothing I'm doing now is any different than it ever has been but it clearly will not read @aliveserver even though it reads everything else fine.

5. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Try renaming any mods with spaces in them to underscores ex. @my mod --> @my_mod

6. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

You'd think that would have occurred to me since Murdock had this issue, what, 15 seconds ago... :(

I always do this in my root folder but that's a very good suggestion for something to check.

7. Where do I rename the mods? Specifically I'm wondering if renaming the Workshop mods in my root folder will conflict in any way with how Workshop auto checks files.

Should I just change it in my TADST launch parameters or do I change it my root folder and TADST launch parameters?

8. I would just get any mods with spaces in them through another medium of distribution other than Steam.

9. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Spyder Addons...

But...but...don't take away from me the genuine thrill I have each day that maybe it will update the second I login to Steam. :)

Not a bad idea man. I'll give it a shot.

10. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

As long as I'm doing anything related to ALiVE, SpyderAddons will probably not be updated in any major way. So rest assured (or disappointed).

11. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

So unfortunately that didn't work. My rpt file has all mods without spaces now and no dice. But speaking of the rpt...

Is what I shared with you guys what you'd need to diagnose the problem? The rpt files that are generating are obviously from my client only and therefore wouldn't have @aliveserver on it anyway even if it was working, correct? Granted, I run TADST on the same PC as my client but rpt's are showing clientside only mods that never touch my server (LSD Nightvision, 3Den Enhanced, etc).

Which file would show what mods my server was actually trying to launch? And what path would that be in?

EDIT: Found the path for the server rpt. Looking to see if @aliveserver is loading on the server right now.

12. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

http://pastebin.com/Q1MPDseW

Here's the server rpt. In this instance I don't let the mission load very long; just long enough to see if my War Room profile data shows up. As you can see @aliveserver is in my mod line.

On another note, my goodness my rpt file looks ugly. That stupid Trace suppress:cache error starts before my guy even spawns on the map.

Anyway, I'd appreciate some insight. I don't seem to be communicating with War Room at all. Wondering now if it's TADST itself unless someone else has tried it.

13. Try going into your mission file and replacing the data module and then enabling the debug setting on the data module. After that's done, do a save on the server using Server Save and Exit while logged in as admin.

If that does not work, post the newly generated rpt here please :)

14. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Cool. Will do. :) I also just deleted TADST so I will freshly install that too. BRB.

15. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Still not working.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tp0m4nz9db3tqfx/Persistence.txt?dl=0

Sorry it was too long for pastebin. This file includes me having deleted and replaced both the Data and Player Options modules with both set to debug on, and also me server saving and exiting as admin.

16. highhead

24 Apr 2016 Administrator

Looks like it loads fine mate! please ensure you have persistence on the virtual AI system set to on, and debug on the sys data module also switched on (and then repost the server rpt)! If you experience that your player is not beeing restored on mission start please disconnect to lobby and reconnect - we are looking into that. You can avoid that for your other players if you lock the server unti the mission has been loaded fully and unlock it after (so your players will JIP).

thanks mate

17. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Thanks HH. I wonder what it could be then? I don't know if you can tell my War Room account info from my rpt, but this is the same exact mission that shows on your website from a few days ago (before yours and BIS's update). I didn't change anything.

It's not that I'm looking for persisting elements and not seeing them; I read about the new bug. My profile data is not even popping up on the top right of the screen on mission start, the mission is not being reported to War Room, etc. This is happening on multiple missions that all persisted and communicated to War Room before the update.

I'll go ahead and delete and replace the Virtual AI module (and I've never used the System Data module before, is that needed for persistence or just troubleshooting?). Hopefully that works. Otherwise I'll try one of your sample missions and share it with you guys so you can look at the modules themselves and make sure I'm not missing turning something on.

EDIT: Wait a sec...

My mission showed up in War Room! WTF? LOL! What happened to the on screen player profile message that you get when starting a mission?

Wow. Sorry for the confusion. Did you guys remove the on-screen display message? I like that. Sort of reassuring like a blanky or warm milk. :)

18. Deleted 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS
  19. Deleted 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS
  20. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Ok so I think one part that is confusing me is that on my profile page, War Room says I last played 14 hours ago but on my group page, it says my last operation was 3 days ago. So I guess there must be something going on there so I think this is part of where the confusion is.

But I still don't see the 'your profile has been successfully loaded from War Doom' message on my screen when I start/continue a mission so I still really can't tell if I have a problem or not. Was that removed?

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!