Suggestions for Further Additions?

1. 7 years ago

One of the reasons I started using ALIVE was for how it could generate an entire campaign with just some markers and modules, but I'm starting to want more than the basic stuff. I have a cool base for my BLUFor team with repairing, arsenal boxes, quick fireteam recruiting and the support units from ALIVE, but I've hit a wall in creativity for expanding on what ALIVE provides on its own.

I'm working on a way to turn the OPCOM objectives into something like sectors for sector control to make the Insurgency game finite if you can completely wipe out the insurgent threat; but I am wondering if anyone else had other suggestions for creating a long, but completable, mission.

2. In my Mission i want to limit the Resources they played have to make it more challenging and over all resource critical.
    My idea is to leg them Start with starting gear, vest and Uniform only, since they paradrop in. Then they have to complete missions and Tasks toget Resources to spend in ammo boxes (not the Vanilla ones, one or two soldier fot ammo amounts per Box) or vehicles (no Tank, no Plane, no heavy heli. It's all in reshmaan btw.
    So they have to be Patient and look for they ammo till they earned enough resources.
    So maybe, rather than make the end harder or further away, you could just make the beginning slow and painfull as hell.

3. If you guys come up with any custom scripts or modules (resource management, more COIN type stuff like having to do certain things for civilians or their neighborhoods, heck even eating and drinking or sleeping or anything creative at all) definitely don't be shy in sharing. :)

4. @Murdock In my Mission i want to limit the Resources they played have to make it more challenging and over all resource critical.
    My idea is to leg them Start with starting gear, vest and Uniform only, since they paradrop in. Then they have to complete missions and Tasks toget Resources to spend in ammo boxes (not the Vanilla ones, one or two soldier fot ammo amounts per Box) or vehicles (no Tank, no Plane, no heavy heli. It's all in reshmaan btw.
    So they have to be Patient and look for they ammo till they earned enough resources.
    So maybe, rather than make the end harder or further away, you could just make the beginning slow and painfull as hell.

This is a cool idea.

1. Paradrop in
    2. Clear initial landing area
    3. Clear an area to setup a campsite.
    4. Clear supply routes in order to receive reinforcements and further building supplies.
    5. Use earned supplies to expand control over the area.
  5. @SpyderBlack723 This is a cool idea.

1. Paradrop in
    2. Clear initial landing area
    3. Clear an area to setup a campsite.
    4. Clear supply routes in order to receive reinforcements and further building supplies.
    5. Use earned supplies to expand control over the area.

How awesome would that be? :) I'd love that.

Paradrop functionally integrated into ALiVE in itself would be great but all the other stuff with it too would remarkable.

I'll have to start messing around with the supply drops a bit to see how the base building stuff works currently. Never tried to build a FOB on demand mid-mission before.

6. @SpyderBlack723
    Yeah, that is nearly the Mission I did. so thanks ;)
    Player spawn in a Chinook which circles an 1x1km area in 1000m height. Their Outfit as said: vest and uniform with standard-MX-weapon and ace medical stuff. Backpack is parachute. They jump and land somewhere where they first Need to find each other and Rally up.
    The BLU_F has already a small camp but doesn't attack anything and doesn't get attacked (maybe my assymetric? i don't know)
    Players land 4 km away from that base, with an enemy base and several small towns in between.
    I got an Insurgent Opf faction and an Independent, enemy occupying all fields and one town (drug farmer corp)
    Players got to earn credits/resources to get supplies (not yet finished) and camp parts. only available supply is via air drop. and no armor/mechanized/planes. lateron i will have to edit the crates, so one crate contains only ammo and supplies for 1-2 soldiers. So the Players have to be really carefull what to spend and shoot and what not.

7. Friznit

20 Apr 2016 Administrator

I'm tinkering with limiting resupply methods dependent on strategic objectives held. Main fixed logistics hq is a custom objective in the map edge set to resupply by road only. Intent is to then enable paradrop/heli only when an airbase is held by blufor. Not sure if it's actually possible to do though.

8. @Murdock @SpyderBlack723
    Yeah, that is nearly the Mission I did. so thanks ;)
    Player spawn in a Chinook which circles an 1x1km area in 1000m height. Their Outfit as said: vest and uniform with standard-MX-weapon and ace medical stuff. Backpack is parachute. They jump and land somewhere where they first Need to find each other and Rally up.
    The BLU_F has already a small camp but doesn't attack anything and doesn't get attacked (maybe my assymetric? i don't know)
    Players land 4 km away from that base, with an enemy base and several small towns in between.
    I got an Insurgent Opf faction and an Independent, enemy occupying all fields and one town (drug farmer corp)
    Players got to earn credits/resources to get supplies (not yet finished) and camp parts. only available supply is via air drop. and no armor/mechanized/planes. lateron i will have to edit the crates, so one crate contains only ammo and supplies for 1-2 soldiers. So the Players have to be really carefull what to spend and shoot and what not.

I'd love to play this when you're done. :)

9. This sounds very nice! I shall be watching this one

10. I thought this was core alive gameplay to be honest, the invasion side just needs a foothold, but logistics should be via heli or airdrop. No CAS/arty either, but you need an HQ afaik to spawn the resources AliVE uses. You are fighting as an invasion with (unlimited resources) against an occupying force with no resources - ie CTI as in the first template but the Blue TAOR covers the entire map with "objectives only".

To simulate before you have that HQ would be the challenge, if you didnt want to write a custom mission for the opening, or even cutscene it, you need something on the floor first, maybe a custom objective.

11. @Friznit I'm tinkering with limiting resupply methods dependent on strategic objectives held. Main fixed logistics hq is a custom objective in the map edge set to resupply by road only. Intent is to then enable paradrop/heli only when an airbase is held by blufor. Not sure if it's actually possible to do though.

Keep tinkering with this one. I'd love to see something like that come to fruition.

12. Friznit

27 Apr 2016 Administrator

@thebgpikester It's almost core ALiVE, though Logistics will currently use any objective. I'm trying to restrict it to just specific ones like an airbase then add new logistics capabilities as suitable objectives are captured.

13. If you set a custom objective with a huge priority then OPCOM should pick your objective for you. The problem is accumulating resources into the logistics manager mid mission, on capture. Thats maybe worth a suggestion to the devs, capturable logistics.

14. Friznit

27 Apr 2016 Administrator
    Edited 7 years ago by Friznit

Already possible using a bit of scripting : http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Script_Snippets#Adjust_Logistics_Force_Pool

Something I put into the design a while ago for this very reason ;)

15. Edited 7 years ago by Olonson

Hey guys, im missing following features:

• More options on Military logistics: other ways of "spawning the reinforcements"( like convoy, "just spawn like on init",..); more options on what should be spawned (for example to have always like jets in the air as soon as one dies)
    • generated compilations(roadblocks, camps) should spawn with the statics from their faction ( i know this is a tough one)
    • be able to create own compilations for roadblocks, camps
    • more control over the AI commander (more agressive specially, even on Invasion mode they tend to camp my base after a big loss)
    • player logistics, specially the loading in vehicle and loading out is kinda "experimental", i bet thats already on your list aswell

overall a masterpiece of scripting anyways:) keep on the good work.

please let me know if anything that i mention is already "possible" :) thanks in advance

16. @Olonson be able to create own compilations for roadblocks, camps

Already possible although you'll have to do some scripting:
    http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Script_Snippets#Add_Custom_Roadblock_to_Civ_placement

or Sign Up to reply!