1.0.2 Observation -- Kunduz + CUP = No ambient civilians? (solved)

1. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by Crapachi

In further troubleshooting of a separate issue, I've made a couple observations that seem easy enough to reproduce...

1) Under both 1.0.1 and 1.0.2, the Virtual AI System module's Profile Speed Modifier value doesn't appear to save for me (3DEN). Every time the module is clicked on to edit, the value shows None.

2) On Kunduz, using CUP Terrains at least, no ambient civilians or civilian vehicles (regardless of faction) will spawn under 1.0.2 for me, but when I downgrade to 1.0.1, the ambient civilian assets spawn just fine. Under debug, the display of civilian zones seems all the same between the two.

Also, as a footnote, I was seeing (at least under 1.0.2 using the same map as above), the asymmetrical OPCOM was putting up Installations in really weird places, according to the debug markers. IED Factory markers tucked in the corner of a mud wall, for instance. A Recruitment center marker in the middle of a river, etc. Though maybe these markers were merely agents in transit to establish these Installations elsewhere?

Fun!

2. Hey Crapachi,

I read the other Issue thread.
    I have only a small hint for you and others they may read this and have similiar issues.

Eden.
    Do not save configs proberly, also simple "Modul-Dropdown-Configs".
    Elavation, altitude, objects all in all are fucked up on most custom maps.
    In combination with CUP may a little bit more cause Indexing for the new changes for all in Arma must come up. And all the patch party must end.
    This issues above was 2times hotfixed and they are still there. Headless Client support in Eden is also broken on most Maps.
    The placements not work, cause the indexing and cause Eden works not the same way.
    All this issues are not all in all every time there and not ever reproducible. And not for all Maps or all Alive setups.

The switch to CUP is something that is important for the future design with Eden comes up with Apex and all the changes. So the Culprit at the moment is "only" - do not use Eden.
    Back to 2D so long this time at the moment is.

I read very much such similiar issues here and there in the BI forums, most of them get rid of when you go back to 2D.

Please correct me :)

3. highhead

3 Apr 2016 Administrator

using CUP terrains and units for military and MAS units (for civis) with asym opcom just fine! can you replicate with takistan and vanilla factions f.e.? is it kunduz-specific?

Also no obvious issues with HC and 3DEN for me!

4. For me it works also just fine, of course with CUP Terrain and Units and i use Massi too.
    But in Eden + Map X it did not work it all.

Point 1 is reproducible with many Modules, configs, modifications - I mean here other Mods too. Dont know about Alive in Eden. But i can confirm most other "configuration things often not saved properly"
    And this is not fixed. Configurations are < 40% not saved and go back to default.

Point to 2 I mean this (point 1 is here also readible)
    https://dev.arma3.com/post/spotrep-00053
    https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/188371-eden-destroying-headless-client-setup/

I tried it after the hotfix of course, some missions/maps it works some other not.
    Same setup but on dedicated server the HC entity spawn in with a Interface/Unit and is frozen.
    But this is a strange example. AI switching/overloading to HC was not useable with anykind of script.

Additional you place Objects and in the preview is all fine, on the dedicated server they fly around somewhere in the world. (May more an index problem)
    Of course not at all Maps. The same Map build with Zeus/MCC/own compositions all Issues above gone.

For me mean this, at the moment, before I spend hours in a BaseModding or something or i make hundreds of tests in Eden and after that on dedicated server...
    I turn back to 2D and other Tools to do the same, similiar on Maps that i want without Issues, like before.

I use CUP at all.
    And i want use Eden but in < 50% things going wrong like i try to describe above.
    When i use 2D Zeus or something for setup a FOB or something then all this strange things not comes up.

5. highhead

3 Apr 2016 Administrator

Regarding HC, with 3DEN i didnt have issues with current patch. Also I set up a persistent asym mission with 3DEN on Takistan which is running nicely, i can share if anyone likes to take a look (will be back to town tomorrow and can upload it then).

6. Edited 8 years ago by DaVidoSS

Yes same here. There are only one problem. Streetlights and others weird objects being picked up for some installations.

7. highhead

3 Apr 2016 Administrator

so actually the only (!) replicable (!) issue is that for some installations in some rare cases buildings are chosen, that dont quite fit. This is something that can potentially happen and depends on the map objects. I may find a fix for that.

For Civis: Happy to investigate further once there is a reliable repro for civis not spawning - this means i need a vanilla mission with vanilla factions at a minimum - if its only happening on a specific map i can give that one a shot too if there are (!) no (!) other addons than cba, alive and your custom map at all used.

8. Alrighty, further testing results...

Kunduz using ALiVE 1.0.1 -- Civilians spawn
    Takistan using ALiVE 1.0.1 -- Civilians spawn
    Kunduz using ALiVE 1.0.2 -- Civilians *do not* spawn
    Takistan using ALiVE 1.0.2 -- Civilians spawn

So it does seem Kunduz specific, for some reason.

Repro mission: http://files.enjin.com/800160/test_missions/ALiVE_Kunduz_Repro.Kunduz.pbo.zip

Requirements...
    @cba
    @alive
    @prkz (Kunduz -- No CUP requirement as Heroes points out, if testing Kunduz alone)

Basically the missions are simply the ALiVE (Required) and AI System modules, and the ambient civilian modules all at default/debug values for ease of troubleshooting. Additionally a Zeus GM module is on there to facilitate confirmation of the spawning. Single player NATO officer unit. Non-binarized.

Hopefully that helps.

I'll have to check out Massi's factions 'ere. His NATO/Russian SF weapons pack already sorta came and went for our group, but I'll bring it back if necessary.

9. highhead

3 Apr 2016 Administrator
    Edited 8 years ago by highhead

thanks man! will try to repro this way and helps to exclude other mods to be the reason. probably the civilian settlments need to be reindexed (again).

10. highhead

4 Apr 2016 Administrator

Kunduz wasnt enabled in static data! I pushed a commit to dev branch, that will fix that. Will be working in upcoming release!

11. Awesome highhead, thank ya. <3

12. @highhead Regarding HC, with 3DEN i didnt have issues with current patch. Also I set up a persistent asym mission with 3DEN on Takistan which is running nicely, i can share if anyone likes to take a look (will be back to town tomorrow and can upload it then).

Hui oh yes i would have big interest on this Mission when this is ok? :)
    Iam pretty sure there are large useful hints and a big learning environemnt for me.
    So when you would share it, please let the Massis or other things in i would look into it with the same modset. Iam really appreciated.

13. This is a issue for me to, i cant spawn CUP ambient civilians. Thanks for recognising this issue dev team. Since my mission is ready to go except this problem, any guess when a update is comming? :)
    Keep up the great work!

14. Friznit

8 Apr 2016 Administrator

Soon™

15. highhead

8 Apr 2016 Administrator

Hey guys!

Here is the takistan insurgency, hopefully I got the correct version - Its with HC. You can simply disable it if you dont want it with HC.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=04476820320582271334

16. highhead

8 Apr 2016 Administrator

ah yeah - needs massis middle eastern warfare and CUP (and CBA obv.)

17. highhead

8 Apr 2016 Administrator

@Wedde CUP Takistani civilians are not yet ported - there are only cars in there.

18. Okey so how do i report it?

19. highhead

9 Apr 2016 Administrator

@Wedde dunno - probably open a feature request for the CUP guys.

20. highhead

13 Apr 2016 Administrator

its out

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!