AUTigerGrad's Regional Ambient Sounds Pack

1. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by AUTigerGrad

So I'm a very active mission maker for my group and one of the areas I like to focus on is immersion. Whether we are patrolling the streets of an Afghan city, or perhaps we're helping defend a village in Nigeria from Boko Haram militants, I like to feel as though I'm actually in that region.

So I decided to put together these "packs" of authentic regional sounds to be used in missions.

My first two collections are for African or Middle Eastern themed environments. These packs include:

• ambient crowd noise/chatter
    • regional music
    • authentic news broadcasts discussing the topics of the region
    • other stuff (that's the scientific term)

I will continue to add to these as well as develop my other packs. Other packs planned are:

Asian
    Latin America
    Eastern Europe

I figured some of you may enjoy adding these to your missions as well.

I've included 2 sample templates for the awesome Sangin and Isla Duala maps. But you don't have to have those maps to use these. Simply copy the description.ext and sound folders over into any map you want, then place appropriate triggers where you want the sounds to play. The sounds will show at the very bottom of the "triggers" selection box under effects when using them with traditional triggers.

To give you an idea of how they work, here are 2 videos showcasing my sounds in action, both in a Middle Eastern and African setting.

I'm not a modder and I'm not a coder, just an avid ARMA fanatic who wanted to help make the ARMA experience better as much as I can. I hope you like them.

version 1.2
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/55j0oey9zfc8rbx/AAA2kc4svFaDBWdhCnkJk5pFa?dl=0

Some substantial additions to both the Middle Eastern and African Sound packs

added both African and Arabic songs
    added Arabic speech over loudspeaker
    added multiple radio news soundbites from events occurring to both regions (Libya, Sudan, etc.)
    added ISIS propaganda speech
    added Military Radio chatter for Afghanistan missions
    for those requesting longer looped files, I actually created a 6 minute British-specific radio loop, covering both local and military news, as well as recreational radio chatter (Premier League news). Should be nice to use at your home FOB when you are walking through the barracks!
    As always, I hope you enjoy!

Special thanks to seba1976 for donating some of his own sounds to the project!

African Sounds Demo

Middle Eastern Sounds Demo

US Iron Front Sounds Demo

Nazi Iron Front Sounds Demo

Soviet Iron Front Sounds Demo

2. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

If you need me to, I'll get you a mission link with the pack working so you can see my files. I'll need a few hours though.