ALiVE Map List and Descriptions

1. 8 years ago

What would be a good map for a spec-ops style, nvg wearing, fly in, blow stuff up and get the heck out kind of mission? Something with a decent amount of enterable buildings and not super small I think would make the most sense. I'd love some suggestions.

I'm thinking of setting up something with a small fire team and auto-generated tasking. We'll likely use a helicopter only to move around so it should probably play nice with elevation (sorry CLAfghan). It can be from any part of the world. I just want to feel like I'm descending into hell when we fastrope out of the chopper. :)

I'm open to ideas. Just don't want to spend the next several days just download maps only to not like them or whatever.

2. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@JD_Wang LOL yeah I noticed that too. Pretty sure Panthera just got indexed though so you can cross that off the list soon I think! I downloaded it yesterday and it's pretty as hell.

@Friznit oooh good idea. :) I think I may try Chernarus for a conventional Russian vs Ukranian battle. That map is still playing nice with ALiVE mostly, yeah? I scouted it yesterday and feel pretty good about it assuming it works fine these days (there are differing reports when searching the forums).

Also, any word on how SMD Sahrani or Bornholm are working right now? Probably fluffed up due to the new lighting I'd gather.

3. @HeroesandvillainsOS  @JD_Wang LOL yeah I noticed that too. Pretty sure Panthera just got indexed though so you can cross that off the list soon I think! I downloaded it yesterday and it's pretty as hell.

@Friznit oooh good idea. :) I think I may try Chernarus for a conventional Russian vs Ukranian battle. That map is still playing nice with ALiVE mostly, yeah? I scouted it yesterday and feel pretty good about it assuming it works fine these days (there are differing reports when searching the forums).

Also, any word on how SMD Sahrani or Bornholm are working right now? Probably fluffed up due to the new lighting I'd gather.

What units are you using for the Ukrainians? I've been trying to find some that have armor / vehicles / static weapons. Until GREF works, I've found myself kind of stuck. I briefly tried Leights Opfor but some of those units don't even spawn, it causes the map to load infinitely, or the way they do spawn, it's not NEARLY as populated compared to if I use RHS units like Marines or Army. It's very bizarre.

4. Yeah that's a very good call having civilians. It's the only reason I use CAF AG these days. Even in non-insurgency missions, having civilians around is a great immersion multiplier.