server drops to 0 fps..

1. 8 years ago

hey guys, when i host a mission running alive on my dedicated server, the server drops to 0 fps, it doesn't crash, people can still join, and you can see the server in the browser... it seems to happen at random. i´ve tried running with alive only, and vanilla. the issue only rears its ugly head when alive is involved... anybody else having this issue?
    -CowboyDK

2. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

When you say alive only, you must mean @CBA_A3, @Alive and @Aliveserver (this one on the server only), right? Crashes, FPS drops and desync are mysterious beasts. Posting your ALiVE logs and server report would probably be the best course to a solution.

3. Edited 8 years ago by cowboydk

i´ve checked the logs, and i have zero errors... and you are quite right, cab alive and alive server :-) i also noticed, while monitoring the server, an increase in incoming traffic from the clients, it went up by 2 or 3 times...
    i´m guessing that the logs show no errors, since it doesn't crash, it keeps running at 0 fps....

4. If you aren't using the War Room (persistence) there is no need to run @aliveserver. Running it should not affect server FPS however.

When you say it drops to 0 does it do this right at mission start? 20 minutes into a mission? Have you tried a different ALiVE mission to rule out the one you're currently using?

5. it drops at random, usually while spawning in units and/or missions.. anyways i fixed it, in a last ditch attempt i tried changing my memory allocator to system, and that seems to have the situation sorted... :-)

6. That's great! How did you change your memory allocator?

7. You can specify a particular allocator from a command line, like:

• malloc=tbb3malloc_bi
    • malloc=tbb4malloc_bi
    • malloc=jemalloc_bi
    • malloc=tcmalloc_bi
    • malloc=nedmalloc_bi

or

• malloc=mybestmalloc_bi
    • malloc=system

I just used system....

8. Friznit

15 Jan 2016 Administrator

hmm, interesting!

9. In some tests put I used the disable_cba_cache apparently gave no server crash, but the units have stopped respecting the black list marker

10. It's the 1.54 Out of Memory Crash. 1.54 really screwed the pooch in regards to dedicated servers. We've been getting desyncs and crashes for over a month now. The last update didn't fix it. I'm really hoping the next patch does because it's royally sucking when you have several folks playing and you have to constantly restart the mission/server dude to Out of Memory crashes/desyncs.

11. Hmmm well its been affecting me when I'm jsut hosting on my own PC with a few friends too, or even jsut by myself. I've been getting all these ridiculous crashes which has been making me pull my hair out and nothing seems to have worked. This would make sense then. Is anyone else experiencing this?

12. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Autigergrad, so this is definitely 100% memory crashes? If so could you post your logs and reports on the performance binaries thread for Dwarden? He's been pretty good lately at fixing the stuff in the logs.

or Sign Up to reply!