Intel on dead bodies or in buildings

1. ‹ Older
  2. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

His original line is referring to "East" so that's OPFOR, right? Is that not all inclusive for all OPFOR's regardless of mod/vanilla? Is ISC_IS_O an independent faction?

So for Leights Afghan Malitia (Independent), I was thinking I'd try this:

params[["_unit",objNull]];
    if ((side _unit == INDEPENDENT) or (side _unit == RESISTANCE)) then { [_unit] call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fnc_intelHandler.sqf"; };

Would that not work?

3. No, it's OPFOR... I'll keep playing around as there could be a mod conflict.

4. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Why wouldn't the way he has it (with "EAST") not work by default then? Sorry, I know nothing about scripting.

if ((side _unit == EAST) or (side _unit == RESISTANCE)) then { [_unit] call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fnc_intelHandler.sqf"; };

And why the change to "faction_unit" from "side_unit"?

Keep me posted man. Thanks for testing.

5. I think it's something to do with the mods I have. It works fine on Leight's OPFOR but not so well on the Iraqi Syria Conflict Mod. Makes no sense but there we go.

I'm playing around with the script a bit to spawn different items which reveal different things, if I can get it to work, I'll post it here!

6. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Awesome! That would be very cool! :) Keep me posted.

Do you know offhand if the way I had it for LOP_AM would be a correct way to go about it? They are technically an independant faction I've made hostile to me (BLUFOR). Should this work or do I keep it as EAST?

if ((side _unit == INDEPENDENT) or (side _unit == RESISTANCE)) then { [_unit] call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fnc_intelHandler.sqf"; };
  7. (side _unit == RESISTANCE)) means independent will spurt out intel on death too. It's only blue dudes who won't. Delete as appropriate if you're facing a regular side and an asymmetric side in the same mission or both with give out intel on installations.

8. Ok. So I can leave Dixon's original stuff above then. Perfect. Thanks for the breakdown.

Makes sense.

Thank you.

9. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

If it's not working for mod units, you will need to include the cba_auto_xeh.pbo (and .bisign) from the cba optionals folder to the cba addons folder.

10. Cheers Spyder, that was the issue.

You don't happen to know the functions of Alive well enough to know a way to display map intel in the style of C2ISTAR do you? I have a feeling it's a whole lot more complicated than I'm allowing for, but just on the off chance you happen to know a simple function off the top of your head.

11. Simple function? No
    Possible? Maybe

There's a function to open a tablet, and there's a scripting command that allows you to create dialog controls on the fly. You could open the tablet then create a map control over the tablet.

Will mess with it a bit later after finishing a few things.

12. or you could force open the map and so you will be in the map as soon as the intel displays on the map

13. Ah no, sorry, I didn't explain that well. I mean, displaying intel like captured objectives, occupied objectives, all that stuff, instead of installations. Basically, doing the same thing but for regular forces too, so you can gather intel on their movements without relying on the "display map intel" setting in the C2ISTAR module. Does that make sense?

14. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

If you go to

ALiVE Menu >> Commander Actions >> Intel

A lot of this information is already available

For tracking enemy movements, it also might help to enable intel for all sides (C2ISTAR parameter) so that it sometimes shows their group movements.

15. Yeah, I tend to turn that off as for me, the randomness is a bit of an immersion breaker for the kind of mission I'm trying to make (spec ops working with local forces against daesh). If there was an easy way to reveal nearby profiles in the same way as the script above reveals nearby installations, that would be awesome. Searching through the Alive functions now and playing around to see if I can find one.

16. Deleted 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS
  17. Revealing friendly profiles can be done via C2ISTAR

Revealing enemy profiles would have to be done with a looped ALiVE_fnc_nearProfiles check that creates a marker on each nearby profile.

18. @HeroesandvillainsOS  Incontinenetia, sort of OT but I figured I'd ask. I see you're using a combination of Leights civs and Iraq-Syrian OPFOR, correct? I think I know the answer and perhaps you could clarify here: http://alivemod.com/forum/1603-middle-eastern-insurgents-civilians-question

Is there a reason you don't just use Leight's since you already have it enabled? I'm thinking the answer is related to Leight's having horrible configs and unit spawn numbers that don't mesh well with ALiVE. As well as the vehicle override not working properly. Is Iraq-Syrian wonderfully configured for ALiVE and I'm just not aware of it? I see it doesn't get much or any support so just wanted to pick your brain.

Answered you on the other thread buddy.

19. @SpyderBlack723 Revealing friendly profiles can be done via C2ISTAR

Revealing enemy profiles would have to be done with a looped ALiVE_fnc_nearProfiles check that creates a marker on each nearby profile.

Roger. Sounds a bit complex. I'll stick with the Alive_fnc_MarkUnits for now. Kinda works!

20. To get intel to spawn in buildings you need a design that will spawn objects on building positions efficiently with ways to enter parameters into the design so that you can control the type of environment you want, i.e. random spawns, spawn only where Alive insurgents are.

21. Cheers Dixon. I've actually played around with the script a bit so different items will reveal either locations of insurgents (using a script based on the Alive_fnc_MarkUnits script - couldn't work out an easier way) or installations at different radiuses.

So a mobile phone will be fairly common but wouldn't reveal many installations, a map would be rarer but reveal more, a smartphone would also be rare and reveal locations of spawned AI of a certain side, things like that. Also different intel items based on side (so no installation revealing, just AI locations). The one thing I'm struggling with is how to make the items spawn closer to the killed unit. If I change the _pos = [_unit, (random 3), (random 360)] call BIS_fnc_relPos; to _pos = [_unit, (random 1), (random 360)] call BIS_fnc_relPos;, it seems to make no difference. Is that the right part to change? It's a bit challenging searching for a tiny phone in a 27 square metre circle!

Also, I know ALiVE doesn't permit modifications but could somebody advise me on whether using an Alive script as a basis for creating a different function is permitted? As I mentioned, I've used parts of the Alive_fnc_MarkUnits script to reveal AI locations and it would be cool to let people have a look at this in this thread if they wanted.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!