Operation Not Appearing in War Room

1. 9 years ago

For some reason my operations are not appearing in the War Room. This worked for me before (0.7 I think? Maybe 0.6) , and I haven't changed anything since then except for replacing ArmA2Net with the new AliveServer. This hasn't been working since 0.8. Am I missing something?

2. Ours hasn't worked in over a week. Switched to the @AliveServer and hasn't connected since. I play every day but nothing recorded.

3. Tupolov

6 Nov 2014 Administrator

Can you guys post your alive.log and aliveServer.log files?

You need to run 0.9 with @aliveserver

4. Where can these files be found?

5. @Tupolov that's kinda the problem. Those files have not been generated by the new @aliveserver system.
    Steps we have taken are to reinstall the mod, re-download the aliveserver folder and alive config from the war room, use a known to work mission, and created a new mission from scratch, made sure @aliveserver was first in the launch command line. All this worked with the Arma2Net but nothing since.

6. Tupolov

7 Nov 2014 Administrator

Where did you place the alive.cfg?

Did you test with just CBA_A3, ALiVE and ALiVEServer using the ALiVE Quick Start mission?

log files are usually under app data / local / ALiVE or Arma 3

7. First of all apologies to Ezaco. I have hijacked his thread, but maybe some things I ask here will help him too.

The Alive config is in the games root directory. Gameservers.com does not allow access to the \appdata\ folder and told us that it would work there, and it did work fine from this location before. The log file (alive.log) from the previous arma2net install was generated in the games root directory also.

I have not tried the basic launch command line yet, but I will and post again here.

8. Tupolov

8 Nov 2014 Administrator

Can you confirm what the contents of @aliveserver/nlog.config is?

We found a bug where the plugin starts to look for things in app data.

We should have a fix posted soon.

9. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    <nlog xmlns="http://www.nlog-project.org/schemas/NLog.xsd" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
      <targets async="true">
        <target name="File"
                xsi:type="File"
                fileName="${specialfolder:LocalApplicationData}/Arma 3/AliveServer.log"
                layout="${date} ${level} ${message}${onexception:inner=${newline}${exception:format=tostring}}"
                keepFileOpen="true"
                openFileCacheTimeout="60"

archiveFileName="${specialfolder:LocalApplicationData}/ALiVE/AliveServer.{#}.log"
                archiveEvery="Day"
                archiveNumbering="Rolling"
                maxArchiveFiles="7"
                />
      </targets>
      <rules>
        <logger name="*" writeTo="File"/>
      </rules>
    </nlog>
  10. Tupolov

8 Nov 2014 Administrator

posted a fix for @AliveServer, please download from War Room

11. Thanks Tupolov!

12. Tupolov

8 Nov 2014 Administrator

please make sure alive.cfg is in arma 3 root dir

13. Everything is back in working order. Thanks again.

14. Tupolov

8 Nov 2014 Administrator

Yay! Awesome.

15. @Tupolov Where did you place the alive.cfg?

Did you test with just CBA_A3, ALiVE and ALiVEServer using the ALiVE Quick Start mission?

log files are usually under app data / local / ALiVE or Arma 3

I don't seem to have any ALiVE log files...

16. It should also be noted I have to remove a file called ArmA2Net.Unmanaged.dll in order to get my server to run. If I don't it crashes when trying to launch. Could this be why it's not showing up?

Is there a Skype or Teamspeak I can sign on to to speak with someone on this? Forums are great but I feel like it's going to be more effective to actually speak with someone on this issue, since it may take some depth explanation.

17. Tupolov

13 Nov 2014 Administrator

You need to download the very latest @ALiVEServer from War Room.

You can't remove that dll or ALiVE Data won't work. What OS are you running?

18. I downloaded that new ALiVEServer.

Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, Service Pack 1.

19. Tupolov

14 Nov 2014 Administrator

Ok so what is in nlog.config, because the last one you posted was from the old @ALiVEServer.

Do you have access to the servers app data local folder?

Can you post your server rpt, aliveServer.log (should be in your app data local arma 3 dir, your alive.log (either in the arma 3 root) or app data local alive folder

20. I have not posted anything. That was Riley, who has had his issue fixed.

I went back and deleted everything for ALiVE on my server, because I found two alive.cfg files. Tried it again running ONLY CBA, AliveServer (from the War Room), and ALiVE, after updating .NET Framework and Visual C++.

Same issue.

Whenever the Arma2Net.Unmanaged.dll is in the folder it crashes with these problem details:

Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name:	CLR20r3
      Problem Signature 01:	arma3server.exe
      Problem Signature 02:	1.34.128.75
      Problem Signature 03:	5458d179
      Problem Signature 04:	Arma2Net.Unmanaged
      Problem Signature 05:	0.0.0.0
      Problem Signature 06:	50360e12
      Problem Signature 07:	6
      Problem Signature 08:	14
      Problem Signature 09:	System.IO.FileNotFoundException
      OS Version:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.272.7
      Locale ID:	1033
      Additional Information 1:	0a9e
      Additional Information 2:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
      Additional Information 3:	0a9e
      Additional Information 4:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

NLog.cfg

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    <nlog xmlns="http://www.nlog-project.org/schemas/NLog.xsd" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
      <targets async="true">
        <target name="File"
                xsi:type="File"
                fileName="${specialfolder:LocalApplicationData}/Arma 3/AliveServer.log"
                layout="${date} ${level} ${message}${onexception:inner=${newline}${exception:format=tostring}}"
                keepFileOpen="true"
                openFileCacheTimeout="60"

archiveFileName="${specialfolder:LocalApplicationData}/Arma 3/AliveServer.{#}.log"
                archiveEvery="Day"
                archiveNumbering="Rolling"
                maxArchiveFiles="7"
                />
      </targets>
      <rules>
        <logger name="*" writeTo="File"/>
      </rules>
    </nlog>

Server RPT File:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bIWJcqoLIxnp93pKHP_mZKU_t5jXhFnlf2fduTkTXPE/edit?usp=sharing

As I stated above, I am not generating any alive.log or aliveserver.log files.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!