Thanks guys. I've been getting in this habit of going on patrol, talking to civs, finding enemy locations and getting immediately overwhelmed. I play alone with AI and usually command a squad that consists of myself and 6 other AI's. At this point I'll call in CAS and set it to SAD but it really only minimally clears out the area.

It's at this stage that I generally get lost. So I appreciate the replies. I'd imagine you all are right that I'm not waiting long enough. It's not because I'm not patient. It's usually because I die waiting for help. LOL! I've been playing ALiVE for several weeks every night now and I don't think I've ever successfully cleared a village. :)

I guess 2 more questions:

1. Would it be best to call in reinforcements to my location BEFORE I get into danger? If I'm not leading them are they programmed to follow me? If not, I take it I just click on the unit again in the tablet and change their location as I make my way forward?

2. And let's say I successfully clear a village someday. How do I get my AI squads to "hold" an area? The same way I'd request them except clicking on "reinforce?"