Objective help

1. 8 years ago

So I see a bunch of "insurgency" missions out there, most of them have these intel-gathering, or destroy weapons cache objectives. Can someone point me to a tutorial for how to set these up in Alive/Editor? I've broken open a couple of them, but I cannot make out where these objectives are defined. Is it scripted, or modules that can be placed?

Thanks folks.

2. There are two ways you can add objectives to missions (well three now that I think about it). The ALiVE built-in way is by using the C2ISTAR module, you can place it down, define the correct enemy and hostile factions, turn on auto tasking and it will give you tasks based on enemy positions once you get in game (after a short delay).

Another way would be by using Hazey's framework from the Insurgency Redux mission which adds "Destroy the cache" type missions.

The final way, basically the same thing as the second method, is just to script them in yourself.

3. Thanks, Hazey's was the one I was opening in Editor to see if I could figure it out. What I want to do is move that same set of objectives to another map. I'm assuming this is scripted in somewhere, but I don't know how to find it, to move it over to another map. I've figured out how to use C2ISTAR, but I want to have those tasks autogenerate (or manual, whatever), but still have Intel/destroy caches as the "primary" objective.

4. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

A quick way of doing so would be to..

1. Drag the entire "Functions" folder (from the insurgency redux mission folder) over to the root of your new mission folder

2. Add the CfgFunctions to your description.ext

//--- CfgFunctions
    class CfgFunctions{
    	#include "functions\cfgfunctions.hpp"
    };

3. Add these lines to your init.sqf

if (isServer || isDedicated) then {
    	CACHE = objNull;
    	_null = [] spawn INS_fnc_setupCache;
    };

if (isServer || isDedicated) then {
    	INS_INTELSPAWNED = ["Box_East_Support_F","Land_Laptop_unfolded_F","Land_Sleeping_bag_folded_F","Land_Sleeping_bag_blue_F"];
    	_null = [] spawn INS_fnc_SpawnIntel;
    };

Hopefully that works, haven't touched that mission in a long time so fingers-crossed I didn't miss anything.

This should add a cache spawning around the map randomly, intel spawned in random buildings.
    If you can't figure it out maybe I can whip up an example mission tonight.

5. Edited 8 years ago by AUTigerGrad

You can also run insurgency missions and have a blast without assigning any actual objectives out of the gates.

Insurgent cells will start to populate the map once you start the game. They'll recruit new members, set up roadblocks, IEDs, etc.

What our group likes to do is leave the CISTAR auto tasking turned off for Insurgencies and focus on gathering intel from civilians and clearing CQB locations. If you question Civilians, you'll come across several who will "leak" info on Insurgent recruitment HQs, weapons caches, etc. You can then take your team to those locations on the map and attack them. It also adds a real world "mystery" element to your mission as its up to you to spend the time hunting down the insurgents, locating their base of operations, and annihilating them.

6. @AUTIGER, Fantastic! I get too impatient, I hadn't played through the scenarios far enough I guess.

Love your scenarios, by the way. I just downloaded the latest, excited to give it a shot tonight.

@SpyderBlack, thanks man, I'll give that a shot.

7. Edited 8 years ago by AUTigerGrad

you're more than welcome to join our group one night and play. We have 2 servers currently running ALiVE missions, one is a "conventional war" server, the other is an insurgency mission. It might give you some ideas.

Our group is OSTACTICAL on the War Room.

or Sign Up to reply!