Can't get mission data to save to War Room: What am I missing?

1. 8 years ago

So we set up our server, ran a mission (Buttery smooth as well!!). Once we were ready to end the session for the evening, I logged in as admin of the server and hit server save and exit. The tablet comes up saying "Saving Persistence...Please Wait" and never changes.

I double checked that I had everything i needed (@AliveServer is running on dedi server, the config file is in the Arma root directory, I have C+++, I have .Net 4.5.1, I have all modules turned to "Persistent" yes.

Still nothing.

What am I missing?

My War Room account is AuburnAlumni and my group is OSTactical [OSTact].

2. How long did you spend waiting? I noticed it took a while before it started going through stuff. It also paused after the 3rd item for a bit.

3. Friznit

27 Jul 2015 Administrator
    Edited 8 years ago by Friznit

It can take a long time. If I fill Panthera up with lots of stuff it can take up to 15 mins to save.

If you're selective about what you save to the DB it can go quicker. For example, if you don't need CQB locations (if they're on dominant) or AI Commander status (because it will simply analyse the location of existing profiles when you load), you can just save the location of Virtual AI profiles. Will still take a while if you have a lot of them.

4. Edited 8 years ago by AUTigerGrad

We were on N'Ziwasogo (big map) but I'd say it took over 10 minutes and it still was sitting on the Persistent line.

I'll try again today after work on a smaller map like Stratis and see what happens.

On a side note...I gained around 15 FPS easily moving from going to the Public servers to a Dedicated server. I was amazed at how smooth it was.

5. I've got this working now. Resolved.

6. What was the solution?

7. I deleted the ALiVE Data module, placed it back again, then resaved the mission.

I also had my TADST pointed to the ARMA server folder, instead of ARMA root. So I changed that as well.

Then it worked.

or Sign Up to reply!