Bornholm Not Indexed? (Infinite Loading, Tried All Fixes)

1. 8 years ago

I will admit that it could be my fault, as I am just learning to work with ALiVE, but I tried all of the advice listed on the infinite loading sticky, and have been able to get things to work on Altis with the same units.

I did notice Bornholm updated 20 June, does ALiVE just need to catch up still?

Thanks in advance for any response, apologies if I'm making a dumb mistake.

2. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Bornholm has a habit of updating right after a new index has been put out by the team. Everytime it updates the indexing breaks so yeah, it's broken atm due to that June 20 update.

3. Friznit

4 Jul 2015 Administrator

I'll re-open the ticket again.

This is exactly why we tend to avoid indexing maps until they're stable!

4. I never thanked you guys for your swift reply, and I appreciate the work on Bornholm. While the Bornholm updates are troublesome, they have made the map stable enough for my group to be able to run it on more modest computers.

So thanks!

5. Just a quick update question.

Is there an ETA on re-indexing Bornholm? Would love to setup an op on that map, being Danish and all :)

6. Actually scratch that..

Can anybody recommend a good ARMA 3 map for a large scale op with ALiVE?
    We are almost done with a full map op on Altis and I am unsure what new map to try out.

7. Al Rayak has been fun to play on, very large map with a ton of cities and empty land in between.

As for Bornholm, not sure, probably won't be in the next update but you never know. People are getting tired of re-indexing it over and over again :)

8. Will definitely check out Al Rayak.
    Don't see it on http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Maps but I assume it is indexed?

(http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Maps mentions it under re-indexing though.

9. It has recently been added, there are a few towns that aren't properly detected but it works fine for the most part which is why it needs re-indexing.. I couldn't even notice the empty towns when testing it out for the first time.

10. Nice one, thanks for the pointer :)

11. Friznit

24 Aug 2015 Administrator

Can confirm it's a great map to play ALiVE Asymmetric on. Put BLUFOR in a TAOR south of the river, and OPFOR insurgency covering the whole North. The insurgents will trickle over the river so you need to patrol the area from time to time (or leave it up to the AI Commander) then run airborne patrols into the badlands. Alternatively you can base out of the island to the South West and pretend it's a sort of "island aircraft carrier".

I think we ran into a failed IED factory today. We were having a running gun battle in the streets of one of the towns when we heard a massive explosion down a side road. When we went to investigate, there were two civs standing in the wreckage of their house looking very perplexed.

12. When we went to investigate, there were two civs standing in the wreckage of their house looking very perplexed.

Have encountered this before.. the source of many laughs :)

13. That sounds like great fun.

I was planning on a traditional east vs. west operation, but the more I read about ALiVE Asymmetric, the more enticing it seems. Maybe it is time for an insurgency op.

What would be a good faction for the insurgents? AGGRESSORS perhaps?

14. I use Leights myself since CAF is pretty out of date by now.

15. Yeah, I got that impression as well, but I wasn't aware of the existence of Leights.
    (Was using this page as a guide to factions: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Factions

Will definitely try out Leights now.
    Thanks.. :)

16. when im trying to use bornholm with rhs troops, as soon i play the virtual ai module won and try to load the game its freezes and i have to restart arma

17. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

The indexing is broken, it shouldn't work with ALiVE at all right now.

18. do you know when it will be?

19. With hope next release, can't guarentee anything though. It's just a matter of somebody getting the time to do it.

or Sign Up to reply!