What features we would like

1. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by Master-Antonio

Hello all.
    I created this thread where write features that we , that use alive , would like to have.
    Also for help developers to have new ideas and improve this fantastic mod.

I would like to have .

1. Improve intelligence civilians, for now they are really stupid, they move randomly and do not interact with the player, it would be nice for example, if I aim or shoot ground,the civil recoils, moves away or fold, unless it is a suicide bomber, in this case continues to advance.
    2. Add in Alive Weather the sandstorms and wind that generate casually in the map , no client side ( dont follow player ) but server side. Will be fantastic on Takistan Map.
    3. Add animals life ( The Animals are generated dinamically and interact with the player, example , if have afraid , move away or run away ext ext )
  2. Edited 8 years ago by thefinn

1. My first want would be local database support (mysql, or similar) for persistence.

2. To "fix" the player logistics so we can easily limit what they can or cannot order in.

3. Make fully functional "zones" that can be visible if require so players can see and capture them themselves.
    (Like the BIS Sector Control game mode, but with smarter AI in ALiVE would be awesome).

Personally, I've been working on a map that has some of this already, but I'd like to be able to do something like... if they take over the AAF Airfield in the south there, then they can get access to a transport helicopter they can call in.If they take the factory north of Kavala, then they can call in Ammo supply drop, etc etc...

But without a decent sector control style sector, this is hard to do - perhaps they are there already but I wouldn't know where to start to look for the code.

4. Easily visible Force Pool if configured, this should be a checkbox.

5. Stop units from crossing the water that clearly cannot - keep virtualised units on the land. (This drives me crazy ;)).

6. Where you can enter in your preferred factions to spawn instead of BLUFOR and OPFOR - to make this section uniform, so we aren't trying to do 100 types of assplay at once. There is a different entry delimiter for AI commander vs the civilian and military placement modules.

3. 1. My first want would be local database support (mysql, or similar) for persistence.

I agree, not all game servers work with war-room http://alivemod.com/forum/1099-server-restart-on-load-mission-nitrado-net

4. Better tasking system.

5. @DaVidoSS Better tasking system.

Another aye for this. Unit class specific tasks, like in HETMAN, along with more variety would be great.

6. Edited 8 years ago by DaVidoSS

Well there are common errors need to be fixed, like showing no markers for JIP, zero divisor errors causing created tasks are not assigned to players, and last - the camp fire (burning) . How i can destroy objective if the objective is not destructible?.

7. Local database support would be great. I think we would like to see also an improved C2ISTAR. Anyway, I want to thank the developers for their hard work: keep it up!

8. Deleted 8 years ago by Master-Antonio
  9. Friznit

27 Jul 2015 Administrator
    Edited 8 years ago by Friznit

Please be aware that we're in feature freeze in the run up to our v1.0 release. It's highly unlikely we'll be adding new features at this stage and even if we do they'll be very small quick fixes.

A note on Local DB - we've explained many times why this is an approach we do not want to take right now. Our chosen strategy is a Software as a Service (SaaS) centrally supported database. While technically it's possible and we may one day add a capability for local DB's, it's a lot of work and not on our roadmap at the moment. I know this is not ideal for some but it's impossible to please everyone. This approach covers the vast majority of use cases and it is demonstrably a lot less effort for us to provide help and support than MSO local db's were.

As for the rest, please add any bug or feature requests to Dev Heaven as normal. They'll just get lost here. Note though that some of the things listed above are not in scope of ALiVE (like micro AI handling). That said, keep the ideas coming - always welcome your input :)

10. Did anyone add the Sandstorm in the ALiVE Weather module suggestion to Dev Heaven request?
    I do not want to request it again if one of you have already done it.

11. Go ahead and request it :)

12. :)

or Sign Up to reply!