Alive Mod server/loading errors

1. 9 years ago

Hello all,

So lately I have been trying to create a mission using your mod, so far I am having mixed results. The server spawns in the AI correctly as far as I can tell, however civilians don't spawn in. When I test it locally on my PC, it works fine. Further more, when I look at my server's RPT file, there are quite a few errors in there, which I have no idea how to fix.

Some of the issues I may be able to solve myself, however I would appreciate any help I can get :)

For those that are interested, this is my pastebin file http://pastebin.com/1nD1us9a it was generated over about 5 minutes of me on the server and I teleported to a few different locations. Like I said, the enemy AI seem to spawn ok, they walk round and react to me etc.

Also, does anyone know how to solve errors such as Error: Bone jaw doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton since I have a load of those messages.

Thanks all

2. Looks like you are running mods that conflict with each other. For example, you are running agm with your milsim mod, which rolls up a bunch of mods that conflict with agm.

I would start there. Regarding civs, it is very easy. In your mission editor, put down a civilian population module with no links, then put down an ambient civilian module with no links. Create and name a marker and or markets and add those names to the taor line in the ambient civilian module like so...

Blu_taor_1,blu_taor_2,marker3, etc

3. The mods will be worked on soon.

With the civilian population, is there no way that civilians can spawn across the entire map without adding markers? Would it work if I just make a large marker to cover the entire map?

4. It certainly should work with one large marker, but I think you'll find they pop up where you don't want them, in which case you can create and name markers and place those names in the black list line of the module.

5. Ok cool.

Lastly, do you have any idea how to fix errors such as

soldier[B_soldier_AT_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
    LODShape::AddLoadHandler: Handler not present in shape [a3\weapons_f_beta\acc\acco_arco_f.p3d]
    Error: Wheel reference not initialized
    O_Heli_Attack_02_F: lever_pilot - unknown animation source collectiveRTD
    B Delta 1-3: Cycle as first waypoint has no sense
    Cannot create non-ai vehicle HeliHEmpty,
    Error: Bone jaw doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton
    Server: Object 2:395 not found (message Type_259)
    Cannot load surface info ca\data\Penetration\rubber.bisurf

I have loads of errors like that as well as others. Like i said, the game works but im just trying to make it load quicker and clear some errors

6. I'm in the same boat you are brother...no I don't. If you figure it out, let me know!

7. haha ok no worries.

I just find all the bone errors funny, I keep expecting to see all the AI on the ground, no bones to help them stand haha

8. I think it has to do with some animation script or something in your mods. I don't think it is alive related...

9. probably. The mods will be changed, I have a few that do the same thing as well as some that I dont want any more

10. So I tried tweaking the civ placement module and they still don't spawn, I probably have done something wrong so let me check.

Also I just ran the server again for a bit longer this time, this is the new RPT file http://pastebin.com/mAL39s0x

Pretty much the same as the last one, except it is longer due to me teleporting more etc

11. Edited 9 years ago by optimashprime

So I have tried to mess around with the civilian spawning but to no luck. I have taken some screenshots of my settings so hopefully someone can point out what I have done wrong

all the purple squares are where civs should spawn

-image-

-image-

-image-

If you cant see the pics click these links

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/27345989983565017/6C1FBAFEECAEBF03805A64DF9CC250A3F077E03D/

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/27345989983571719/E83062B9563BE22484BD8E7AF381AD2E4C186E22/

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/27345989983569373/712142F498A2EFBF66B21F977D9D30E69B857C20/

12. i'm really not quite sure if it matters, but just in case it does, i would rename your "Civ_x" markers keeping the case the same (i.e. civ_1,civ_2,CIV_3,etc)...

I can't tell what modules are what in your picture, but instead of syncing the modules, I'd use the same approach you used with the civ modules and simply put the marker names in the TAOR line of your MP and your MCP modules. Keeps it cleaner. Also, instead of putting MP and MCP modules everywhere, I'd place markers down and put those marker names in consolidated MP and MCP modules.

I also suggest saving your mission as another mission name and test it without your other mods installed. That way you'll know if its your mods that are screwing you up, which is a very good possibility.

13. ARJay

26 Oct 2014 Administrator

I think you need to turn on debug on your civ placement module, that will give you an idea where they will spawn.

or Sign Up to reply!