If you want to re-equip or redress units you can use another method

In the description.ext

class Extended_Init_EventHandlers {
     class Man {
      init = "_this call (compile preprocessFileLineNumbers 'my_script.sqf')";
     };
    };

There is an example I provided awhile ago here

Like if you wanted to remove the gear of only East side units you could do this in the my_script.sqf

private "_this";
    _unit = _this select 0;

if ((side _unit) == east) then {
        removeAllWeapons _unit;
        _unit addWeapon "weaponclassname";
    };
  3. Nice that's more what I was after. Might add your allah akhbar to suicide bombers or something ;)

4. Many thanks Sypder for taking the time to tweak and provide this.

It does look to do what I am after!

The challenge for me now is to merge your cfg and scripts with the current mission scripts. I am working on this now. I may seek some help with this as I am utterly useless with scripting and my mate built the base missions with a truck load of other active scripts and some 16 gb of mods so this is somewhat challenging for lil' old me.

Thanks again.

thefinn: Will check out COS once I get the Spyders scripts incorporated. ta

Cheers.
    Ludi

5. No worries if you need help, my workflow isn't exactly the cleanest so it can get confusing really fast.

6. Edited 8 years ago by Ludi

The mission contains the insurgency base script and a load of other stuff. I tried incorporating your script to no avail. If you wouldn't mind taking a look see this would be great.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8cm8p9vv8g1iy58/Bystrica_Alive_Asymmetric_Civ_Insurgency.woodland_ACR.rar

7. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Will return in a few minutes, will post with the link when done.

8. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Try this

http://www.mediafire.com/download/buu5ni7j09j9o9c/Bystrica_Alive_Asymmetric_Civ_Insurgency.woodland_ACR.rar

As I said before, right now it depends on the enemy being bluefor but if you need that changed to suit your mission it can be.

Also because of all of the mods present in the mission I couldn't test it myself but hopefully it all works fine, let me know if you encounter anything wierd.

9. legend!

Will test shortly

10. No issue for me to switch the factions to suit Blufor as the enemy.
    Have a coop session to host now, but will test further this afternoon. Really appreciate the help!

11. Working nicely with the vanilla civis!

Is it possible to set alternate Civ factions?

12. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

It'll work no matter what faction you are I think, but yeah any civ faction should be fine regardless of vanilla or modded-in. Reason being that no-matter what faction you are it should switch you to the resistance side on spawn/respawn to give the effect of being a neutral civilian who won't be fired upon while also receiving tasking from the Resistance side.

Let me know if that answers your question.

13. Good to know, will test this further.

One thing I noticed was that I was unable to access ammo crates / virtual arsenal as a civ. It seemed to only work after equipping a weapon (from a dead dude) or after respawning once?

14. One thing I noticed was that I was unable to access ammo crates / virtual arsenal as a civ

uhh, I don't think this is anything my script would be doing but just in case you could test the mission file you sent me before it was added in and see if it still occurs.

15. Edited 8 years ago by Ludi

Highly likely this is a me issue.

Silly question.. when setting the alive military commander module which faction should I select to engage the resistance force to ensure that the civs get tasked? I assume this should be REBELS RED?

16. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

It would actually be handled by the the C2ISTAR module. Under the auto task OPF, go ahead and set everything as you normally would. Define the opfor faction in the mission, and also define it's enemies. You would then take the exact information and copy paste it under the Auto Task IND section, however you would leave the "Auto task IND faction" as "IND". This would ensure that even when you are technically on the resistance side (JND), you are given the same tasks as you would if you were an opfor in that mission.

If I was going to setup a mission in of this type, this is what I would do. You could have the Opfor side faction be insurgents and set to asymmetric, they will then carry out attacks on blufor while blufor is busy retaliating. You would be fighting for the opfor side but due to the script, you would be changed to the resistance side which will keep you incognito (IND is neutral unless changed in the mission) until you decide to start engaging blufor. Once you engage blufor forces or take a hostile appearance (strap yourself with a bomb, pull a gun out), you will be switched to the opfor (insurgent) side and then be promptly engaged.

Terrible at explanations but hopefully that clarifies it, let me know if it doesn't. If not I could also toss you a quick mission showing kind of how you would start to set it up.

17. Thanks for the explanation - makes perfect sense.
    As it happens I have setup the mission as you describe:

"Opfor side faction be insurgents and set to asymmetric, they will then carry out attacks on blufor while blufor is busy retaliating. You would be fighting for the opfor side but due to the script, you would be changed to the resistance side which will keep you incognito (IND is neutral unless changed in the mission) until you decide to start engaging blufor. Once you engage blufor forces or take a hostile appearance (strap yourself with a bomb, pull a gun out), you will be switched to the opfor (insurgent) side and then be promptly engaged."

I am still struggling with a few things.

1. When I load in, the option to strap explosives or to shout Allah Akbar is not present. For this to come up I must respawn after loading in.
    2. When I strap explosives or pick up a weapon, blufor do not engage.
    3. If I shout allah akbar, then they do recognise me as hostile however this seems to be proximity based so if I teleport to another part of the map it reverts to friendly.

Might be useful if you shoot me a test mission.

Cheers.

18. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Put this in your description.ext or modify it if it's already in there

respawnOnStart = 0;

If I shout allah akbar, then they do recognise me as hostile however this seems to be proximity based so if I teleport to another part of the map it reverts to friendly.

It's time based to prevent enemies who may not have been in range to hear you say it, engage you as an enemy. The only proximity part is the shouter being revealed to nearby enemies to simulate them being able to "hear" you.

When I strap explosives or pick up a weapon, blufor do not engage.

If you can remove as many mod requirements as possible from the mission and then send it to me I can try to test it myself to see what is going wrong. For example, change factions used to vanilla units and remove any vehicles added via mods.

19. It's likely to do with me selecting Massi's UN for blufor and Chern Opf as the OPF and screwing up the factions.

Will test with vanilla.

There are so many mods in the mission that I am not sure how to strip it out without breaking the mission. Will test further and report back.

20. Any chance I could do screen share over skype with you at some stage to try to figure this out?

21. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Yeah I can try to do that, doing stuff with family tonight and prob tomorrow but add me.
    Name is the same: SpyderBlack723

Hopefully it's nothing too hard to fix. Just got back into scripting today to work on a few role-tied actions so I might try to maybe fix some of this up if at all possible because it's a mess atm.

or Sign Up to reply!