Flagging tasks as C2ISTAR vs. Editor placed tasks

1. ‹ Older
  2. 8 years ago

Yeah good call. My plan is starting tonight to go through every C2ISTAR task twice. Obviously I won't complete this tonight but I will start this and post reports back any time one of them fails.

3. No rush man!! Have a drink!!

4. Way ahead of you. Fridge is locked and loaded. Bring it C2ISTAR!

5. Ok. Here's a rpt of the "clear the town" objective not completing. This is again with a vanilla mission:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lw7oe7omvtuf2bm/arma3_2016-02-25_22-04-44.rpt?dl=0

The mission type is "Civilian Objective Assault." The mission name is "Clear the town." Even after using the commander tablet and marking all active units and ensuring there were absolutely no enemies anywhere, the objective still never completes.

Hopefully this will prove useful. Military Objective Assault and Military Objective Defend both worked wonderfully. On my way through the others.

6. Pretty sure you guys are aware of this one, but here's a rpt for the "Sabotage Installation" mission with the task being "Destroy Location" that couldn't be completed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/35ecxj7q15n1ema/arma3_2016-02-26_23-28-50.rpt?dl=0

The installation I needed to blow up in this example ended up being a pile of garbage on a dock near the ocean. LOL!

7. Thanks man added them to the issue list!

8. ARJay

29 Feb 2016 Administrator

Happy to announce that we are working on fixes to the task system.

Thanks for testing gang!

The sabotage indestructable buildings ones is fixed in dev, as is the civilian assault one. Looking into others over the next week or so.

Any other suggestions for new tasks or alterations welcomed.

9. ARjay! Thanks for everything you've given us with this mod. Haven't seen you post in awhile so I wanted to thank you while I can!

Every time I request a C2ISTAR task I keep thinking it would be cool to rescue a hostage. It doesn't even necessarily need to be a soldier POW if everyone thinks that's overkill. I even like to idea of going into save a civ (I can pretend he's a journalist or hiker who hiked in the wrong area or something).

It could work like the troop transport mission, except maybe the location of the hostage can be more vague. Once we find him and clear the compound or whatnot, we could call in evac and he could board the chopper or transport and mission complete.

I don't know. I think rescuing a POW or hostage whatever would be neat.

I definitely have more ideas, including for the existing tasks and format, but this one keeps jumping out to me as something I'd love.

10. ARJay

29 Feb 2016 Administrator

Yeah I had a bit of a hiatus from ARMA and ALiVE while RL took over for some months, feeling motivated again after the 1.0 release, glad people are still having fun with ALiVE!

Hostage rescue is a nice idea actually, that sounds like a good one to work on to get back into the tasks system as a whole.

11. Has there been any movement on updating the C2/ISTAR Tasking system?
    I'm still seeing issue with generated tasks not being able to be completed. Sometimes the items/guarding infantry won't spawn (Insurgent Cache), or Vehicle Destruction will break (vehicles spawning, and destroying themselves somehow), or HVT missions not spawning an HVT or guards.

I don't know if it's just server load dependent, or what.

I would love to see them updated, and maybe some others added - like the Hostage Rescue above, or maybe a damaged vehicle, or downed pilot recovery

12. They've received improvements and touch ups but not a full in - depth analyzation of why some don't work 100%.

13. Thanks for the info Spyder. Any improvements are welcome. :)
    I think I saw you playing today while I was setting my server up for a new unit org on War-Room.

14. Was on vacation, not me ;)

15. Hmmm, may have been an older mission then.

or Sign Up to reply!