Missions Infinite Load Screen

1. 8 years ago

Hi there ive recently came back to arma after a long break and my old alive missions no longer work they all have infinite load screens is there a reason for the i have also remade/replaced everything on the map but with newer modules but still no luck any help would be appreciated or if you also have this problem let me know

2. I've this issue too. First time i could not set view distance, second time infinite load screen. I have installed windows 10, may this be the reason ?

3. What map are you trying to use? It's possible that the map might've updated and broke the indexing.

4. Edited 8 years ago by Legend117

I play on Altis, but I have to correct myself: an old mission which we used to play until now is broken (infinite loadscreen), whilst a recent one, currently under development, starts, but I can't change view distance and even if I access as administrator, admin tools do not appear.
    EDIT: The problem is that it keeps setting max view distance as 500 meters, even if I set in alive modules 2500 meters as minimum view distance.

5. Ok, I have found a fix. It does not solve the original problem, but I can anyway change view distance and a needed admin tool now. Thanks for your support, Spyder

6. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

I didn't do anything :)

If you don't mind sharing, what did you do to fix it?

I am not sure of what could cause an infinite loadscreen on Altis, maybe setup a fresh mission and integrate things one by one to see if you can find where it goes wrong.

7. I think you are right, setting up a fresh mission should solve the issue, considering that it the recent one loads without problems.

I set view distance now using a simple script, setviewdistance, and calling it on the command console. I searched the script behind the needed admin action using "functions" option in the editor, and now, again, I simply call the script on the command console. Hope this helps!

8. Ok, new problem: a player with windows 7 can't find the server using "remote", and can't connect through steam. Instead, players with windows 8 can connect and play without problems.

9. So making a mission from scratch should work ??? ill try this now

10. Friznit

2 Aug 2015 Administrator

If you're having issues with old misison, deleting and replacing the modules in the editor will ensure the mission is using the latest code.

11. Ive made new mission here ill upload it for arguments sake i made it tested it in editor once packed in PBO form and tested on server it doesn't work

12. Friznit

6 Aug 2015 Administrator

What are you using to pbo? When I try to depbo with eliteness the mission.sqm is all messed up.

13. i use makePBO would that be the error ??

14. I have repacked with Arma PBO View and still no luck the issue is not with the way i pack it

15. When you say it doesn't work what do you mean exactly? Mission won't load on server? Loads but throws errors all over the place?

Does the .pbo file work on your PC (ie: not the server)?

16. Edited 8 years ago by The Irish Ace

When i make my mission in the editor i pack it in pbo form i put it in mp missions and in multiplayer i go to new server , Internet , select the mission and it loads to the map image but does not progress to the actual game and the load bar reaches 100% but no movement afterwards ive included the pbo above maybe have a look and tell me if i did something wrong in the editor but ive made this mission like many others before it im only having this problem now since the 0.9.9 alive update

PS. I have also tried this on a payed for dedicated server and no luck also

17. Edited 8 years ago by The Irish Ace

One more thing is there a template mission about for alive 0.9.9 because i think the way modules are set up have changed haven't they and maybe that could be the problem.

18. Fixed the issue by redoing the mission with aid from a template and it worked ok i guess human error caused it but i don't know where the error i caused was hidden but if in doubt use a template from the alive team.

19. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Glad you got it fixed, all of the new template missions from http://alivemod.com/missions were made in 0.9.9 I believe (I can't remember if it was 0.9,8 or 0.9.8 but they still work 100%). Let us know if you have any more issues.

or Sign Up to reply!