Everything Blowing Up on Mission Start

1. 4 years ago
    Edited 4 years ago by aah11b

I was wondering if there has been found a cause for everything blowing up when you start a mission. I place my player combat support module, a CAS, artillery and transport module, start the mission and right away, I have SP artillery blowing up all over the airfield, sometimes helicopters blow up also.

What's causing this and how do I fix it? It occurs whether I am using a vanilla setup, or using several mods. It happens 90% of the time, I can count on this occurring.

Thanks.

2. Edited 4 years ago by SavageCDN

In the past this was due to various reasons:

1 - bad map index
    2 - change in object IDs on map
    3 - problems with modded assets
    4 - weird physics when objects collide
    5 - random will of the Arma Gods

Things you can try:

1 - Manually place your air assets instead of using the modules
    http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Combat_Support#Advanced_Vehicle_Placement

2 - if the above doesn't solve it try disabling all ambient vehicles
    3 - blacklist units from spawning in airfields (this will solve multiple issues)

3. Lol. So hey, I realize this is bad. Just curious, does this still occur if you were to let the mission fully initialize before spawning in? Such as when you load into a server for the initial mission start, or such as in SP how you’d click play and the mission would take a couple seconds to load?

I’d like to see which spawns are causing this as well. Can you remove modules and/or toggle on/off module spawning options (such as ambient Civilian or military vehicles, spawning ambient aircraft, etc) so we can figure which modules(s) is (are) the culprit?

This video doesn’t show enough for me to assume this is an indexing issue. At least not yet.

or Sign Up to reply!