Weather

1. 5 years ago

Is there a way to ensure the weather mod is not being used? Or to make sure its disabled? Trying to use a Snow Storm script by Alias, and it stops working when using Alive only. I didn't place down the weather mod so unsure why its still doing it.

2. Edited 5 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I don’t think ALiVE will override this without the weather module. I have an ALiVE mission using TPW’s snow script and it works just fine.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=960647762

3. If I was you I’d try copy/pasting the mission to a fresh map. My best guess is you’ve forced BI’s weather in the mission editor settings somehow.

4. Ok I'll give that a shot, thank you.

5. Or you could just not use the weather module...

We have found that the weather module conflicts with ACE weather (which we use due to the ballistics needed for our snipers) and if we use ALiVE weather we get super CAT12 hurricanes....sustained winds in excess of 300mph. That makes it kinda hard to fly or drive in that type of weather...even CQB doesn't work then because you are getting pushed all over and the bullets don't hit their targets at long range much less short range.

6. I have a neat script if you would like some visual effects to accompany your hurricane.

or Sign Up to reply!