(Insurgency) Civs Run Up to our Vehicle

1. 7 years ago

I've encountered some strange civ behavior, whenever we drive an MRAP or any other vehicle to a town the civs seem to swarm around it for no reason. It would be cool if they were actually trying to do something like steal supplies for the insurgents or booby trap our vehicle but nope, just a bunch of people doing circles around our vehicle. Haha

Maybe some future insurgency ideas. ;P

2. Well low level behavior like that is just the standard BIS stuff, made possible probably due to them having partial hostility to you.

I do like the booby trap idea, give patrols a reason to keep an eye on their vehicles when they dismount.

There can civilians collecting weapons and explosives while you drive through though, so keep an eye out ;)

Submit any feature requests here :)

3. That's actually a neat idea!

@Shadow60_66

Would you like to do the honors of filling out the request? It was your idea after all! :)

4. Yeah I can definitely tell that it's a hostility thing, one of them has a lock on one of our squad members. (Literally tracking every move with his eyes) I can guarantee if he had a weapon he would open fire. Do hostile populations sometimes spawn rogue shooters? I feel like that's what's happening but they have no weapon to use against us.

5. Friznit

22 Jul 2016 Administrator

They might! Or they might even go full suicide bomber so keep a sharp lookout. I've even had civs pick up weapons and fight on our side before, which was cool to see.

6. I have witnessed this first hand Friznit. Excellent surprise.
    Have also seen Civis' pull out a pistol as soon as they are searched and take aim at the player that is trying to search them.
    Lets not forget the hesitant suicide bombers. They run up to you and then they may sit down and upon searching them they have an explosive vest on. Why they didn't go nuclear is a mystery but I've been glad they didn't on multiple occasions.

7. I love hearing stories like these. Insurgencies are the best. :) Lots of surprises to be had.

And this idea with them being hostile to vehicle patrols is a good one!

8. @SpyderBlack723 Well low level behavior like that is just the standard BIS stuff, made possible probably due to them having partial hostility to you.

I do like the booby trap idea, give patrols a reason to keep an eye on their vehicles when they dismount.

There can civilians collecting weapons and explosives while you drive through though, so keep an eye out ;)

Submit any feature requests here :)

I suggest you use ASR AI. They OPFOR get in your vehicles if you leave them unguarded :o

or Sign Up to reply!