Alive windows server 2012 error (dedicated) [SOLVED]

1. 8 years ago

Hello, we're having trouble with Alive persistence.

-image- Visual c++ error
    -image- Arma exe error.

We're using TASDT on windows server 2012.

The sample mission is 1 fireteam, ALIVE (data), ALIVE (required) and player options.

Followed all the steps of the warroom guide. (yes file are unlocked and visualc++ and framework 4 are up to date)

We are not using the appdata folder, so we copied the alive.cfg directly in the arma 3 root.

Any help its apprecciated.

Thanks

2. TASDT Windows server 2012 here too, no problem at all.

alive.cfg is in arma 3 folder too.

Do you have @AliveServer launch on your server ?

3. Yep, its in the line.

Reading various forums found an answer to a post similar to mine that say this:
    - NOTE: Please ensure persistent = 1 is set in your server.cfg

Where should i find this server.cfg? And its relevant for an error of c++?

4. is this by chance on NFO servers?

5. @LamettA92 easy way to turn persistent battlefield on TASDT :

Check Persistent Battlefield in Rules panel :

-image-

6. thx for the help, now the game doesnt crash, but cant see it pop up in the war room. Following the guide of warroom, baretail log, cant find neither the aliveplugin_DATESTAMP.log, neither the arma3server.rpt (the .rpt files i have are like 2 months old)

7. Are you running -nologs?

8. no, logs should popup (doublechecked)

9. Are you using a game host or doing this yourself? Not finding the server's RPT file is a problem - hard to troubleshoot without it.

10. Well, we found out what was the problem and solved it. Marking the post as SOLVED. Thanks everyone for the help. Really appreciated

11. What was the issue (for future reference)?

12. We really dont know. we did evereything again from the beginning and it worked. Probably we missed something. Cant really tell sorry.

I still have few question about the persistance, but ill open another post later when we will be able to test the server for few weeks.

13. I had the runtime error myself when @aliveserver was not in the Arma3Server folder. Chucking it in the server folder fixed it for me (@alive being in a different folder caused no problems).

or Sign Up to reply!