Getting errors in faction autogen when booting up game [SOLVED]

1. 4 years ago

Hello everyone! First of all I would like to welcome myself to this forum as I have just made this account today. I've been using ALiVE for about half a year now and am also the guy in charge of making ALiVE scenarios for the unit I'm in, so I do have some level of experience with setting everything up already.
    But anyway, onto my problem:
    Up until now, I've largely had a lot of success with making custom factions using the ORBATRON and have used these factions in scenarios to good success, but it seems that I've finally hit a wall when it comes to making a new custom faction this time.
    I have tried making a custom faction using the RHS Serbian Armed Forces as a base but with many things added and some thing removed, all in an attempt to expand on the faction for this new campaign I'm working on. I have copied the existing SAF (KOV) faction and gave it a new name that matches with the campaign's backstory and such, and then I got to work on editing it. So far so good. When I exported the full faction and cfgpatches and then converting the folder to .pbo, I put it in a folder in the main game directory and added it to my mod list, as I've always done when making a new faction to test so far. Unfortunately, when I boot up the game, it gives me some kind of typo error while loading, then it stops. The error in question amounts to it saying that it found "f" instead of "{" on a specific line of code, yet when I look at this line in the autogen, it all seems to be written correctly. In addition to this, an edited version of the US Army (D) faction from RHSUSAF is also getting errors in the ORBAT now, an undefined base class error for the M2_CROWS_Turret, after I tried fixing the groups for it. Any help on why this is happening is appreciated. If need by, I can also send the autogen files for both factions if you need to take a look at them.

Thanks in advance!

2. If you can get the autogen files and your RPT file from your test session to somewhere like pastebin and link back here for us to review, someone will take a look.

3. Deleted 4 years ago by AlexFox215
  4. Edited 4 years ago by AlexFox215

edited RHS US Army faction autogen
    RPT of the test session with only the US Army edit included

5. UPDATE: After attempting to fix the issue myself, I've come to the conclusion that the code for the SerbiaBLUFOR autogen simply had a lot of unnecessary spaces in so I was able to fix it. In the meantime, I have made a new faction to use in this campaign (SerbiaOPFOR), and this faction has gotten the same undefined base class turrets error as the edited US Army faction, so I have added the autogen of this faction as well as the RPT of the test session with it included to link post. The edited US Army faction still has that error as well, so only the SerbiaBLUFOR issue has been fixed, but the US Army faction and SerbiaOPFOR still remain an issue.

6. Edited 4 years ago by marceldev89

You could try adding

class M2_CROWS_Turret;

before the

class M2_CROWS_Turret : M2_CROWS_Turret { gunnerType = ""; };

line(s). Not sure if this will work but worth a shot I guess.

7. I have tried doing this, but now it's giving this error: "File x\CJTFSerbianCivilWar\Addons\USArmyWoodlandModern\autogen.hpp, line 7751: /CfgVehicles/rhsusf_M1220_M153_M2_usarmy_d/Turrets.M2_CROWS_Turret: Member already defined."

8. I'll tag @SpyderBlack723 and @Tupolov, they know a bit more about this ORBAT stuff. :)

9. UPDATE 2: I've managed to fix the SerbiaOPFOR faction by remaking it from scratch (I first tried making it by copying the RHSSAF KOV faction). It would seem that this base class error for the US Army edit is now the only issue that I require help with.

10. Alright, so I've managed to fix everything by either making a faction from scratch or copying one, so it seems that every issue I've had before has now been resolved.

or Sign Up to reply!