Questions! [VCOM, Multiple Assym OPCOM, Etc.]

1. 5 years ago

Hello everyone again! I been confused on some aspects due to how out of date some information is so I would ask here:

- In terms of VCOM, should it be run on everyone's game or can I just have it be on the -servermod= only?

- Can you have multiple Assymetric Commanders? I noticed that I had a INDEP and a OPFOR Insurgency going (they were allies) and for some reason, the INDEP were switched to the OPFOR side. Is this normal? It was the faction I want and everything but they went from INDEP to OPFOR in side.

- I want to remove people's ability to pick up certain objects with ALiVE Logistics but still allow the players to use the pick up aspects of the ALiVE Logistics on other objects. (Ex. I don't want them to be able to move around objects from a Editor built FOB but still move ammo boxes around and whatnot).

- Any recommended settings for Tanoa? Like I said, we are doing an insurgency and to help keep objectives down per commander, we are doing two separate Asymmetric AI Commander's (One is a CFP Boko Haram and the other is a CFP Islamic State). IS holds the big island with Boko Haram holding the others except the most top left island (which is the player's main base).

- Is there a way to have more patrolling insurgents?

Sorry if some of the questions are in the wrong place, just trying to figure out some headaches.

2. Make sure indep is set hostile to opfor in the vanilla mission settings. Otherwise, they will act together.

I think you can sync objects to the player logistics module to disable logistics on them. I'm not too sure on this though.

- Is there a way to have more patrolling insurgents?

They should scale up overtime due to recruitment. Larger cities will produce more insurgents (if the city is controlled by insurgents).

3. Edited 5 years ago by YonV

The best way I have found to run vcom is the script version,

There is a link to the script version in the main post below:
    https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/216611-release-vcom-ai-3-dangerous-ai/

4. Does this script version solve the problem with air vehicles?

5. Edited 5 years ago by YonV

I have this in my init.sqf

//Globally disable VCOM_AI for Air units including Combat Support and Logistics. Put the following in init.sqf
    [{{Driver _x setvariable ["NOAI",true];} foreach (vehicles select {_x isKindOf 'air'});}, 1, []] call CBA_fnc_addPerFrameHandler;

Seems to work, they only seem to act odd, if the enemy AI air strafe where they are waiting , then they all take off and collide, compared to just getting bombed on the ground

6. Is there anyway to disable VCOM AI for Civilians? For some reason, all the civilians run to one spot near the players after a player has shot. This is the script version. I seen the same thing happening with the mod.

7. This new version of VCOM seems to have serious problems with ALIVE as well.

Unfortunately I was not lucky. Some errors even selecting only the enemy side to be commanded by VCOM.

No chance, I'll wait for Genesis fix some bugs...

8. Are you using the latest version of VCOM, civilian AI's were removed from VCOM's interactions by default a few releases back.

9. @YonV Are you using the latest version of VCOM, civilian AI's were removed from VCOM's interactions by default a few releases back.

Pretty sure I am on. I went straight to the VCOM thread on Bistudio and was sure to get the updated one. It's odd.

10. 4 years ago

@Mannulus Did you ever find an answer to the servermod question?

11. Protip: Use the script version of VCOM

That way you don't have to worry about an extra mod or anything like that

12. @Constant_Corpse @Mannulus Did you ever find an answer to the servermod question?

I ended up stop using VCOM and switched to our groups own custom AI.

13. @Mannulus is there a reason why you have stopped using VCOM? Did it give you severe issues with ALiVE?

Curious to know as I ran both mods on a persistent campaign.

or Sign Up to reply!