I played the "Liberation" campaign on Altis some time ago with some friends and we had really a lot of fun. As I was looking for an alternative (since Liberation is dead) I stumbled upon ALiVE. I am new to mission editing but I did some tutorials and created my first ALiVE mission with the wiki.
I now have some questions. I was looking for answers in the forum but was not able to find threads to all of my questions ...
I currently have the follwoing setup (I did the tutorial "The Creation of ALiVE: Uprising" without the asymetric force)
- OPFOR is controlling most of Takistan
- military objectives are under control
- civ. objectives will be attacked by the Commander
- very big TAOR
- BLUFOR is controllling a small region in the east
- invasion mode
- military and civ. objectives are under control
- commander is linked to the OPFOR mil. and civ. modules (to attack them)
The mission runs pretty well, players are getting automatic tasks, etc ...
But now I have stumbled upon a few problems:
1. Since we are enough players I would like to have something like: The AI does the occupation part of the mission and only the players are doing the "sector control tasks".
Is something like this possible?
Means: The players are getting the tasks to cease control of the island and after a sector is "freed from OPFOR" the BLUFOR AI takes control of the sector to occupy it.
I tried to set the BLUFOR commander also to "occupation-mode" (still with the task to take control of the OPFOR targets) but this changed not the behavior of the AI troops. The AI was still attacking the enemy...
2. There is no task for "sector control"? I wanted to generate a task to take control of a small village but was not able to find a suitable task?
How is the sector control working in ALiVE? Since there seems to be no task for it, how do players take control of a village occupied by OPFOR? Do we just need to attack the village and kill all enemy units there? Will BLUFOR automatically take over the control of this village?
3. Is there a build-in "mission end trigger" in ALIVE?
Is there a build-in "mission end trigger" in ALiVE or do I have to playce it by myself? E.g. mission ends when all OPFOR sectors are und control of BLUFOR (or something like this)...
Sorry for the long post and duplicate questions :)