Persistence Unable to Open Config File

1. 6 years ago
    Edited 6 years ago by TheDragon117

First off thanks so much for being willing to help guys sorry I didn't respond sooner, I didn't see the email telling me you guys had responded.

TADST did seem the most simple route when I started hosting a server, and
    I just assumed it was the standard because it seemed pretty much idiot proof, but the persistence thing is introducing a whole new set of needs that TADST maker probably wasn't including in his scope. I did read those tutorials, and then went over them a second time, but probably going to go over them a 3rd time. I've been trying to teach myself how to write scripts during this process and its completely possible that on a night I stayed up way to late trying to make something work I messed something else up without realizing it. Though other then persistence everything else works incredibly well for me.

Though on a probably important note I just realized today apparently I mistook things from the units from BI to be from the War Room, forgot I was playing with that the other day and used the same image, and just assumed it was from the War Room. It seems most of my information does get sent to the war room though as far as kills and battle feed/operations feed, just when I hit Save and Exit server I don't get a tablet and it doesn't shut down.

I double checked my IP address and host name, those are definitely right. modules and such will take a day or so to dig through.

TADST Folder is here. For the @aliveserver It's the one I downloaded from the War Room on Friday when I was trying to set up the servers I thought, I did re-download it again, from the server setup page in the war room, I don't see a version number to verify its the right one though.Is there source that is more reliable or definitely up to date? For Alive I'm subbed on the steam workshop (but server file did come from War Room) is that an official source that would be up to date as well? I'm going to recheck everything again, it would be brilliant if I could find one setting that I did wrong that just fixed it all, but again thanks so much for being willing to give a more experienced second and third looks over things.

2. I have ai disabled in my mission normally so that doesn't hurt my feelings, but that is good to know so that I don't attribute it to any issues while I'm troubleshooting. Are their any official alive servers that I can join when I get home from work today to see if my war room profile works on a server that isn't mine that definitely set up right?

3. So after several different attempts it would appear that my issue isn't the config file at all, after playing with each module a number of times I've found that any time I create a "friendly" military commander module it will not save for some reason. I'll have to do more reading to see if I can figure out why or a work around. I liked having a NATO ally doing their own thing, but I suppose I could script a defense force instead if I need to.

Though I'm still getting issues with not loading my profile so I'll go through that process again step by step later today again and see if there is something I missed.