Virtualized Artillery....let's chat

1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

It's something that I would like to do eventually, and I even added support for it with the rework of the virtual combat, but there is still a lot of work that needs to be done.

- Balance
    Virtual units don't have ammo
    A mortar shouldn't fire the same shell as an MLRS
    How to balance accuracy of artillery while still maintaining a realistic dead-reckoning type aiming system

• Only fire on relevant targets
    • Avoid friendly fire
    • Additional OPCOM cycle operation to handle artillery
    • Handling artillery units differently if they are active, virtual firing on active, virtual firing on virtual
  2. I like the concept and as a community that only have actual (active) players participating we would like to see some aspect of active firing on active and virtual firing on active. To say that the way we do it is we build a mission with just players taking over all the roles in the persistent side of the mission from logistics to combat. So we handle our own helos, arty, etc... while we would/do let VCOM & ALiVE run with the AI side. The way I stated it in the first section would be the ideal way to have it function as honestly if the AI is fighting with AI then someone screwed up our mission build and we are not having fun as a group.