Waypoints and Troop spawning in lower left corner

1. 7 years ago

Has anyone else seen instances of waypoints and enemy troops spawning in then moving to the extreme bottom left hand corner of the maps? It does not happen all the time but there are times when it happens when we spawn in troops to the map because ALiVE has not decided to spawn in troops in the areas where our forces are moving through or its just random and there will be a few riflemen and maybe a vehicle that will pop down there after spawning in normally. I will get a few screenshots of it today while in Zeus.

We are using Sahrani and the following mods (however some of them are folded into their own .pbo for us to use internally and they should not create an issue). I can provide an RPT from my box and will see if I can get the RPT from the server also.

server side
    Advanced Rappelling and Urban Rappelling
    client side
    Ace
    Alive
    African Conflict Mas
    ASR_AI3
    CBA
    CHA Lav25
    CUP terrains
    Extended Fatigue
    Massi African conflict
    Massi nato rus Vehicle
    RDS Civ
    RH Acc
    RHSAFRF
    RHSUSAF
    Sukhoi 22M4
    Spyder Addons
    L Immerse
    L Mount
    TFAR
    TFW radios
    TF47 launchers
    TF47 RHS patch

2. RPT might help, lower left hand corner is [0,0,0] and is generally defaulted to if a position is null when a profile is created.

3. OK will see what I can do here....give me a few minutes.

4. Here is the link to the server RPT file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6RjvmUcuDjgejM2OXluZXpON01uaFlHOURHbFhETU1MZUNJ/view?usp=sharing

5. The question I have now is how is that possible when you watch them spawn in then they get sent out there by ALiVE usually after 30-45 seconds when they start to become active on the map trying to get into their formations.

Last part is there any way to keep that from happening or is it just something we have to live with?

6. I've seen it happen on numerous maps. Currently happening on Tanoa in testing and on live missions.

7. It is possible to stop that from happening, but it results in massive hitches when units spawn. Staggered spawning is the only way to get around this with many units spawning at once. Just something we have to live with when it comes to Arma. The lower the script load on the server, the faster this process is.

8. Roger that...will look into the script side and see what we can do to reduce that even more. Otherwise I will just live with it...even though I don't want to.

9. Would recommend trying to reproduce with CBA and ALiVE only. It looks like there are a lot of script errors in the RPT from other mods that might be causing erroneous behavior.

or Sign Up to reply!