ORBAT Creator General FAQ

1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Well.. congratulations?

You've managed to break it!

Don't know how or what you did that I somehow didn't catch in my hours and hours of testing.

If it works then I guess we can just leave it there, but somehow the exportation process botched the ordering of the unit declarations.

2. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Then Yes. I've put in at least 6-8 hours each day for the last 3 days into this so please test the latest version as things have improved a lot. Everything should work just fine.

3. Edited 7 years ago by dev614

They're blank, yes. I've also just made a completely new faction from scratch to find out that I cannot export the units config. I can export groups, faction (first option), and cfgpatches but when it comes to any unit (all of them or trying to export them individually) or the "full faction" option I get an error code and nothing copied to the clipboard.

-image-

I can export any other faction just fine but for some reason I can't export the one I just made. Must be a conflict with a mod I used to make the unit or something, I don't know. That's 3 hours of my life wasted. :(

EDIT: I just tried removing everything from one of the units I created and seeing if it was a mod that was causing the problem, but I still could not export that individual unit when he had nothing on him. I think I'm just gonna have to cut my losses and start again with the old ORBAT creator.

4. Edited 7 years ago by ToTo

I have the same problem as dev614, with the same error message. The first time, I rebuilt my faction from scratch and could not export the result... Rather frustrating. Latest version changed nothing. I only have CBA, Alive and RHS active...

5. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Quick Note:

I've setup an automated build and upload system that I'll run whenever I make any changes. These should be considered developmental builds that may not be entirely stable (so don't spend 4 hours on a faction just to have it break on export, go slow and build up).

You may access these builds via this folder: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sjqlreh2tzcu6y8/AABXiTS0rZu6Who4P3om3e1Ya?dl=0

(Also added to main post)

All build names are appended with the date they were created.
    ex. November 30, 2016 --> 11302016

Maximum of 10 builds will be stored at one time.

I've also created a Slack channel for ORBAT Creator related discussions and sharing. Notifications of new builds will also be posted to this channel. If you wish to join, please start a private (between just you and me) forums thread and post your email inside.

6. 6 years ago

@Devs:

I ran into a massive problem when trying to use the new "write to file" option. Had to quit the game before being completely done with editing an older ORBAT faction I had made into a .pbo:

1) Started game with all the mods that went into the old ORBAT faction plus the new mods from which I wanted to pull additional units

2) opened a mission with the ORBAT module placed, started it and went into ORBAT GUI

3) Chose to "Edit Faction"

4) Made a few edits, then selected "Full Faction to file"

5) Quitted the game

6) Came back to the game, only to see it fail on startup with the following message: "include file bw_afg_hist\script_component.hpp not found"

The name of my old ORBAT faction's .pbo is bw_afg_hist.pbo - but it IS ofc still present in the addons subfolder of the very same @BW_AFG_HIST folder I had used to load it up for editing it.

Where can I find this script_component.hpp file or where can I create it? Without it, I can no longer load the game with the old ORBAT modfolder active! Always get the above mentioned error!

THX in advance for any advice

tourist