ORBAT Creator General FAQ

1. 7 years ago

@JD_Wang So last night I was trying to make a decent (in my eyes) Taliban OPFOR faction just from CUP, and then make civilians to go along with them.

I exported the Taliban faction, then built the civilian faction, exported that, made them both into PBO's as normal, but the thing is whenever I startup the editor I only see 1 or the other, never both. It's like 1 stops the other from loading.

This is probably a very simple issue for someone that knows things about configs and creating factions, but I am not that person. Can anyone tell me what's going wrong and what I can do to solve it (or at least point me in the right direction)

Thanks

You need to change the name on the CfgPatches from "testmod" to the name of each mod.

Since you have both in there..both of which are considered..."testmod"....you only see one.

Change that and you're golden. FYI...if you use the newest ORBAT Spyder posted..he added the ability to export CfgPatches automatically

2. @imbazil. Restructuring RHS units literally takes 5 minutes now. Watch the videos Spyder posted. Simply highlight all of the "red" groups (RHS groups that dont work) hit edit then switch them to proper categories (infantry, motorized, etc.) That's it. Then just export the config, run it with RHS and the units will be configured for ALiVE. No need to change names, etc.

If you want to add other units, simply add them to the unit editor (new --> name unit --> import unit from whatever mod you use) then create a group for your new unit, export.

I'll post some of my newest orbats in the orbatron today. I have Russian Marines (VMF) fixed for ALiVE, as well as the RHS US Socom units.

3. @SpyderBlack723 Tried reloading and exporting my 15th PLA faction again using the newest ALiVE version and the updated version of Arma 3...still no joy at all. Units are spawning without any extra gear and as you know from the earlier stuff the faction has magazines, grenades, etc... in their loadouts. The funny aspect of this is as I mentioned I can spawn in a unit via Zeus and they have all the stuff they are supposed to have on them. This only happens with ALiVE spawned units.

4. @SpyderBlack723 Was tour faction generated with the most recent version of ALiVE?

Yep went back and redid the newest version and still had the same issue with no gear showing on it.

5. Edited 7 years ago by Nichols

@SpyderBlack723 You heard anything about the issue we posted up on the feedback tracker regarding the setunitloadout command? After the faction was rebuilt I am still having that same issue unless I spawn them all in via Zeus and then everyone is able to find extra gear on the dead AI when they kill them. If you need the newest faction it is on the Steam Workshop . To my knowledge no one else has mentioned this as a problem when using the faction outside of ALiVE.