Syncing with Strategic Modules

1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by Docbuck

Example of what I'm trying to do:

1) make a scenario on Takistan that uses the strategic map and missions placed on said map. One mission is to secure a number of objectives within Loy Manara. This part is done, it's good.

2) utilize the ORBAT feature to provide immersion, show players they are part of a larger org. This part is done, I have created an orbat depicting the entire combat element of the 1st Marine Division (is awesome!).

3) Utilize ALiVE's military placement module and civilian ambiance stuff to randomly place enemies inside Loy Manara and populate it with civilians. However I only want this area to be populated once the player selects the mission from the strategic map and it loads in. I am not able to get this working.

5a) utilize triggers with ALiVE features... Specifically, only make a support asset available to the player once a trigger is activated. (Example... Once player completes the tasks and moves to extract, which will be a trigger area, a transport asset will become available to call on.)

4) Create tasks that are synced to the mission module and also show up in the players c2 tablet. However, these tasks should only appear once the mission is selected and started by the player. I have not tested this yet, checking on capability.

5) in another mission the players can select, spawn enemy units in accordance with ORBAT modules that have been synced with the mission. I have no idea if this is supposed to work.

6) use the ORBAT editor. I downloaded the new version today and loaded it in, and unfortunately still do not see the ORBAT module in Eden.

7) Utilize spyders ambiance addons in conjunction with the mission module. Example: drastically turn up vehicle traffic, or change the values for the incognito module when a player starts a mission via the strategic map.

If anyone has any info on syncing alive modules with vanilla strategic modules and triggers, that's the kind of info I'm looking for. Hoping someone has done some of this before!

or Sign Up to reply!