Alive - Sup factions not working & Memory crashes

1. 7 years ago

Hi all,

Fairly new to alive and trying to get my head round how it works etc. I followed the tutorial by alive on their YT channel in specific this one. Not deviated from the tutorial other than boosting the force numbers. I want to use factions outside of the vanilla ones and I am using RHS MSV Russian troops on Altis. I am putting "rhs_faction_msv;" in all the force faction sections that I need to however when I manage to get my mission loaded its putting CSAT in the civillian/military objectives rather than Russian MSV. This is clearly something to do with it however I cant see what Im doing wrong as this is what my opcom module looks like.

Im also getting memory crashes sometimes when I try and boot my game up but not all the time is this normal?

Mods list

2. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

For manually adding factions to the override lines, put:

rhs_faction_msv

No quotes. No commas or semi-colons needed.

Also, be sure to put the faction in the AI Military Commander and military/civilian objective overrides as well. And also the close quarters battle and C2ISTAR module and any that call for faction overrides if you use them.

3. I see the photo now. Yes, the military commander module looks fine. Be sure to add the faction to your objective module(s) as well and sync those to the commander module.

4. Took all the ; out of my modules also saw in the CQB I had it set to a different faction which was possibly the biggest cause of the problem. I hit save now loading up the mission loads into the game and takes me to another loading screen where I am now stuck. Is this normal?

5. Scratch last I eventually loaded in just impatient.

6. So all is good?

7. Long load times are due usually to the number of objectives and CQB locations - if you reduce those a bit you might be quicker to start the mission.

8. I think so heroes thank you for your help sensai.

or Sign Up to reply!