adding Slingload using ALiVE_fnc_combatSupportAdd?

1. 7 years ago

I was curious if there was a way to enable CAS and Transport to have slingload capabilities when they are spawned post mission init using ALiVE_fnc_combatSupportAdd?

Right now they do not have the option enabled when they load in.

2. Friznit

27 Aug 2016 Administrator

could try putting this setVariable ["CS_SLINGLOADING", true]; in the code bit.

3. Deleted 7 years ago by revdogma
  4. Yeah I tried formatting it a hundred ways couldn't get it too work. This was the closest with an undeclared variable error.

["TRANSPORT",[[11695.9,11864.1,0],210,"B_Heli_Transport_01_camo_F","STAIRWAY 07","this setVariable [CS_SLINGLOADING, true]",""]] Call ALiVE_fnc_combatSupportAdd;
  5. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723
    CS_SLINGLOADING

needs to be in quotes. Since it's already inside a string, you can either wrap it like so

'CS_SLINGLOADING'

or double quotes

""CS_SLINGLOADING""

Resulting in

["TRANSPORT",[[11695.9,11864.1,0],210,"B_Heli_Transport_01_camo_F","STAIRWAY 07","this setVariable ['CS_SLINGLOADING', true]",""]] Call ALiVE_fnc_combatSupportAdd;
  6. Edited 7 years ago by revdogma

I tried both of those. It kept saying i needed a square bracket inside the quotes for "CS_SLINGLOADING" same for the single quotes. Unless i have a format issue somewhere else in the script.

It would give me this all the time...

...setVariable ["|#|CS_SLINGLOA....missing "]"

Obviously thats the short version of the error.

Edit: will have to try:
    ""CS_SLINGLOADING""

Just realized that was in your post lol!

7. Edited 7 years ago by revdogma

OK! So , It still doesnt work. I ran it with the double quotes (i.e. ""CS_SLINGLOADING""). When the script fired I got an error that didnt last long on the screen all i remember was it said "Error zero divisor" .

here is the script im calling:

["TRANSPORT",[[11695.9,11864.1,0],210,"B_Heli_Transport_01_camo_F","STAIRWAY 07","this setVariable [""CS_SLINGLOADING"", true]",""]] Call ALiVE_fnc_combatSupportAdd;

["CAS",[[11554.3,11815.5,0],210,"B_Heli_Attack_01_F","EAGLE 01","",""]] Call ALiVE_fnc_combatSupportAdd;

["PlayerLog"] call LARs_fnc_spawnComp;

Thanks.

8. on-screen errors will always be written to the Arma RPT file (log file) - you can find this file under c:\users\username\appdata\local\arma3

9. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Will see if I can look into the code later to see exactly how it's executed.

10. Thanks guys!

11. No one figurered anything out then i take it? Lol

12. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Could've sworn I followed up on this

Try this

["TRANSPORT",[[11695.9,11864.1,0],210,"B_Heli_Transport_01_camo_F","STAIRWAY 07","(this select 0) setVariable ['CS_SLINGLOADING', true]",""]] Call ALiVE_fnc_combatSupportAdd;

or this

["TRANSPORT",[[11695.9,11864.1,0],210,"B_Heli_Transport_01_camo_F","STAIRWAY 07","(_this select 0) setVariable ['CS_SLINGLOADING', true]",""]] Call ALiVE_fnc_combatSupportAdd;
  13. I tried both and they didnt work ... i actually re-formated the way the mission i was working on so i no longer need to worry about this. Thanks though you guys are awesome!

I couldnt pretend to know what i was doing without you guys LOL!

or Sign Up to reply!