Group Structures

1. 7 years ago

So Im going to give a crack at restructuring the unsung groups so it will work with ALiVE. I remember seeing how the groups need to be formatted but can't seem to find it.

Thanks!

2. I belive this is what you're looking for: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Unit_Mod_Config_Standardisation

3. This is helpful as well

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Declaring_Faction_Mappings

The above suggestion would be a config replacement while faction mapping would be something you throw in staticData, either one will work.

4. Thanks for the replies! I think Im going to use the method you posted spyder as their configs are .bins. Do you know which pbo its located in? Also one off thing is that a lot of ALiVE seems to be encrypted which makes things tough, or Im just looking in the wrong pbos.

5. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

If you are going to do any dev work I would recommend setting up the dev environment for easy testing and access to files

https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/wiki/How-to-Set-Up-Dev-Environment

staticData is located at alive/addons/main/static/staticData.sqf

6. Edited 7 years ago by Opendome

is there a way to just be able to edit the static without doing that? Then just repacking it and testing it like other mods? When I open the .sqf with notepad++ it looks like

"gs9k7Y9Yô _K
    Bfÿ fÿfÿfÿsssss ïçççççªÏªÏð^^^^
    */

T°-Àm{Ѳúð IÿnsurgentsŒŒŒŒŒå {Õùiƒµµ µ„CC¾¾NÀ‹’ljGUERǏǏK Ώ΅TTTŸ
    Տ| ±_¸¸ããiifå ÿÿóóµµüü ~ŸŸz"./}/;¶„‹¿["IRG_•€Sçquaã€
    _WeÏaponŸ&Te»am _AT MáGGã0ìfRecûon
    Sniper6uÿÃ/ààÂŒüÓýg6Á_chdkz__ural q¥dâs
    _2m‰g!! sÙEE mg''_a Àð/«btr60"@G o!®Ê 7Ê  ÊÊ"ÊGÊ|oÊp_rus¦a_bmd1±.
    ³/ µ.#·/I¹/rrÐÐ2Ð ÐÐ #ÐIÐr‹?‹?‹?Ä‹?…YAkµ:²_SPGPlatoƒf÷21I°Se·†€ŠŠŠŠàéˆT72BBŠ _AA ™Ù¿az„„ 7ßIŸ>ß>ßs@ß@ߐŽ Ž ¬tt5ß5ßu #çUAZ¥cAÔuazß_opendswhkm+ags?spg9T ÿaUqwork†
    ­!çBM2•A¬zsu234¿sßsßsßsß %%%æ÷÷÷÷ÀÓÓÓÒßûûMiÏ8amt?­¯
    /*¹ÿcar~/~/~/ ~/~/~/~/~/~,ùÿùÿ ùÿùÿ¹¹¹¹¹¹ ¹¹¹Ì/Ì/Ì/Ì/s sssss³/³/0/ 0/0/0/0/0/0/Òéþ-aLu‚_‚_‚_‚X×H±/ ±/±/±/±/fff*_ *_ÍÍÍ;O¾O7ø7¸¶Jhelicopte½O½O½O@_ @_lOlOlOlOhhh çoçoçoÑÑÑ}o}oà}o}o}oy?wetruck÷÷÷÷„­­ ­­¤Í?Í?Í?Í?Í? ¾¾¾¾¾¾¾¾ ¾OŸOŸ}}}}} }}};Ÿ;Ÿ?/?/?/€?/?/?/?/?/o`a ???8L¿L¿L¿»/ »/hhhhe/e/Ñ ÑÑÑ//==FD»ifvËOËOËOËH§bmdÛ 2 p."
    p1p#d5›Û G X2e#5Y_ ____  Y_Y_ / / / / / / / / / / / / _ _  _???????À????tÏtÂpcð.O.O.O.Itr60/Ktr7¢?¢?¢? ¢?¢?yyyy?? óóóóóŠ/Š/p0pppù®anø¯ø¯|ø¯ø©t72bb¡¯ ¡¯¡¯¡¯¡¯gggJ¯ J¯J¯ÏÏÏóŸóŸóŸx::¨ô*/
    yà-üm~IRON F Tü„òLIB_RKóKA _mapÿpings = ù[ÃÿÃðCreatñeÆð5®ôCustomGroup@æ@
    [váðSidýeÏð"EAST"˜ÁÿÁ÷= "|BNCamFFFüñFøó D(ŽŽŽMMËü>typeM““SˆøñTQ òñbõà””®ïÞñInfŸantryÐò\!SóOVçð_squsadØðsmg{AT'cout=ð½ÿ/MotoOrizeƒ žm€¨ )”””” echan•mmømmkáArmorþÿ JS2_43_PlatoonÍTvà7685Î2_SUÿM4ƒA2`¿¿¿¿i=rX*P39_iBS(Pe2¨ÿÉ/:O¶@ 9ÕO ? :íú S»5FI€|8mUXX‹ï‹äY[ï"libÃPximÿ_m30_basüLP trenchþus6_amm}o&zis5v‚ üª16_parmÞ
    fuelØàSeÿarchLighyt Ü4BM37ç4÷61kñ4Zis3Nqopen!€t¸ð®bm1-LÊ Wÿillys_MBà9E3L®+SdKïfz25vðaptùuê"†'3_Hal?ftrackñïñïðñïñäkîasic¿Ammuni#ñBûox
    Mine_Ö o_uýDWeßapons+Bi"

7. Just replace the file and copy the text from the github link into the new file.

8. Awesome thanks! I'll give it a shot and post it if it works :P

9. Also how would I add civilians?

10. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

I could be wrong, but I believe as long as they civilians have their own faction and each of the units is set to that faction, they will work fine.

11. I tried with unsung earlier and I think they have their own faction as they appear in the editor under their own faction when placing them down but when I tried the faction name non of them spawned.

12. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

From looking at the module code it looks like it just scans the config for units belonging to the faction string you provide for the module.

https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/blob/master/addons/amb_civ_population/fnc_clusterHandler.sqf

13. Awesome thanks! Im nto sure what changed but after I swapped the faction name for civs in and out it worked!

So Im pretty sure I got the static for unsung vietcong done and packed it into a pbo but when I try and test it I get

"File x\alive\addons\main\script_mod.hpp, line 1: ',' ': '(a weird image of a diamond with a question mark in it)' encountered instead of ='

I didnt touch script_mod.hpp and I cant decipher that error since I think its encrypted

14. Ah, it's probably because it repacked the obfuscated version.

Here's an unmodified copy of addons/main: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ge4rck4c5tubykf/main.zip?dl=0

Just throw your changes in there and repack and try again.

15. Awesome thanks! So that got rid of the error but when I get into arma, non of the ALiVE modules are present and Im unable to play/edit that test mission I made because it's missing all of the ALiVE components?

16. I'm thinking I'll need the whole non obfuscated version of all the pbos?

17. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Hmm, you might just need to run the dev environment setup, I've never messed around with repacking single pbos so I'm no help here :\

18. I would but I don't really understand how to set it up, like how do I define an ArmaWork folder, how do I use the DevP.bat and where do I get it from, what is a symlink and how do I create it, how do I clone the CBA, etc :(

19. If you're uncomfortable with the whole P: drive and PBO packing stuff, follow the guide at http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Declaring_Faction_Mappings which is mission based instead of addon based. Should simplify things. Once you have a fully working mapping someone can probably help you getting it into the mod itself. :)

20. Hello Marcel!

Thanks thats what I did and added it into the staticdata.sqf in the mod it self with the rest of them (I followed the template used for mapping Iron Front). So how would I go about getting that to be used in a mission basis?

Thanks!

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!