Random ambushes or roadblocks at certain locations

1. 7 years ago

Maps often have cool little choke points perfect for ambushes, like the Sar-e Sang, or Naran Darre passes in Takistan.

Is there any ways to "encourage" the AI to set up ambushes/roadblocks in those places without specifically creating them?
    The mission I'm working on will have the players travelling through those points regularly, so I'd like the insurgents to target them, but I don't want there to be constant contact every time we travel through there.

If I set them as custom objectives synced to the Insurgent commander but don't add a force faction, does that work?
    Also what objective size/priority do you guys tend to use for something like that?

2. If I set them as custom objectives synced to the Insurgent commander but don't add a force faction, does that work?
    Also what objective size/priority do you guys tend to use for something like that?

I would create a custom objective that is only synced to the asymm commander so that only insurgents target that area. Size/Priority will take some testing, but I would say size:100 and priority: 30 would be a good starting point.

3. I would create a custom objective that is only synced to the asymm commander so that only insurgents target that area.

So synced to the commander but with nothing entered into the force faction box right?

4. That or just set it to spawn 0 groups. Not sure if leaving the faction box blank will error or not.

5. Cool thanks so much man, really appreciate all the help you give this community.

6. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@SpyderBlack723 I would create a custom objective that is only synced to the asymm commander so that only insurgents target that area. Size/Priority will take some testing, but I would say size:100 and priority: 30 would be a good starting point.

This is what I've been doing with pre-placed installations that I've been making (a custom obj module synced to OPFOR with no units placed). It doesn't guarantee an installation or enemy presence but more often than not, it does the trick and encourages the AI to do something in these areas.

or Sign Up to reply!