Artillery vs far away profiled targets

1. 7 years ago

Hey guys,

First post! Love the mod! But one problem I'm running into is when trying to use artillery on profiled targets that are more than my set spawn radius away, they can't be destroyed because they haven't spawned into the real world. Anyway I could just create a script where I can click on the map and have units in radius "r" spawn into the real world so that they can be destroyed?

Some other quick things;
    nearEntities doesn't seem to be able to detect profiled units even if they are spawned in.
    And does anyone know if there is a way to get the number of zones controlled by each faction?

Thanks guys,

David

2. About dropping artillery on still virtualized units: if you think this through real world example, you'd basically be dropping artillery "nowhere", firing at non-existing targets. Now why would you do that?

In conventional warfare spotters are used to this day to direct artillery on enemy threat. So someone has to have eyes on that threat and this is why you should use decent spawn range for the AI profiles to be able to spot this threat on time.

3. Unfortunately, this isn't possible right now without some hacky scripting.

4. Friznit

17 May 2016 Administrator

UAV's are coded to spawn profiles, so you can send one of those into the area as a spotter and use that to drop arty on their face.

or Sign Up to reply!