CSAT and IND spawning instead of modded faction

1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I haven't hosted the missions. I can't justify sharing them if I'm forcing people to take on Taliban, OPF_F and IND_F all at the same time.

The problem is just so strange. I can teleport around the map and see nothing but the correct faction for ages, until eventually a vanilla squad will appear.

Like I said I thought I had this fixed by deleting and replacing all of the OPFOR entities and modules and not using any feature (such as the new Intel option) that was causing errors. In some cases this has given me success but in other cases it simply does not work.

I have to wonder at this point if this is happening to other people too, but that they'd just not know about it. To see this happen one would need to teleport to all units on the map and wait for them all to spawn in around them. In some cases I need to go around the map twice, teleporting to every virtual unit generated by ALiVE.

If you were actually "playing" the mission and not testing, in some cases someone could probably play for hours and hours and not actually see this happen. Other times you'll see it pretty much right away.

2. Well, I think you already covered the issue of mod selection when reporting that British Steel uses the same modset as you and there the problems don't appear, but just to be safe, I'll share my modline and then later I'll report if the teleporting shows me CSAT when I have CUP Taliban on.

@ace_optionals;@ace3;@ALiVE;@AliveServer;@ana;@asr_ai3;@bc_phoenix;@bc_skies;@blastcore-physics;@blastcore-tracers;@blood_splatters;@bwa3;@BWMOD_Comp;@CAF_AG_1.5.2_hotfixed;@CAF_AG_AudioPatch;@cba_a3;@cup_ace_compatibility;@cup_terrains_core;@cup_terrains_maps;@cup_units;@cup_vehicles;@cup_weapons;@dynasound;@hlcmods_core;@hlcmods_g3;@hlcmods_g36;@KGB_DINGO;@Kunduz Afghanistan;@mh_sound;@nato_russian_sf_weapons;@niarmsg3_ace;@niarmsg3_cup;@niarmsg3_rhs;@niarmsg36_ace;@niarmsg36_bwa3;@niarmsg36_cup;@niarmsg36_rhs;@rds_ag_comp;@rhs_afrf3;@rhs_usf3;@smills_vest_and_helmet;@spyder_addons;@TacticalBeards;@tpwcas_a3;@tryk;@vcom_driving"

I had to put all the sound and effects mod on to the server because when I played and server-save-exited the mission as client with these mods loaded clientside only, I couldn't re-join without them being on both server AND client the other day.

So yesterday I ran a test with CUP as Taliban and CAF as civs and played for two hours, but without teleporting around. Will do this teleporting in the Editor and in-game and test if I ever see CSAT. BTW, how did you teleport? ALIVE admin option?