Player Combat Logistics: no reply from OPCOM

1. 9 years ago

Hello. I'm working on a Chernarus scenario with ALIVE, CAF_AG and TFAR and using AGM for realism.

Working like a dream, except for Player Combat Logistics. I get 'requested' but no reply after I make the request. I've got an OPCOM, Placement and Logistics Module configured exactly like the tutorial (which is out of date now but still the best info I can find) and the wiki. I've got transports working, arty is perfect and everything else is running well. The Player Combat Logistics module is not synced to anything.

I've also tried going to Stratis and doing a basic setup exactly like ARJay in the video and it doesn't do anything but 'requested'. I've turned on debugging and the OPCOM seems to be doing it's thing.

Can someone direct me to a log that might help or let me know if there's anything else to try?

I realize that you can't be certain about mods but every other feature of ALIVE is working with this set.

2. okay i've got it figured out here. I'm using the CAF_TW faction and it will not let me request support despite having 'Side' selected (as opposed to Faction) in the PCL module. Arty and transport work great. I cannot make the OPCOM use CAF_TW as apparently there aren't compatible groups in this mod at the moment.

I would suggest that the side vs faction selector isn't working in the PCL module.

3. Edited 9 years ago by Fat_Lurch

I get the same issue when using CAF_AG and mas_usa_rang. The BLUFOR OPCOM is using mas_usa_rang, and the PCL does not respond.

4. I also have the same issue, Combat Support works just fine, when I request logistics OPCOM does not answer at all...

5. I also have this issue. Has anyone found a fix yet?

6. Ok I've tinkered long enough to figure out what causes it, much as OP has done.

I found that the playable unit needs to be from the same faction as both your OPCOM module and your military logistics pool module.

Take for example you're playable unit is from massi's uk spec ops pack, then your OPCOM modules needs to be controlling mas_uk_sftb and your military logistics module needs to be set to supply the same.

Essentially, just being on the same side isn't enough. However, ones you get it working by meeting the above conditions, you can set your player logistics to "side" and you'll be able to call in re-enforcements from other factions as well, without listing those factions in the modules (if my memory serves me correctly).

7. Friznit

3 Feb 2015 Administrator

I realise it's not very clear on the wiki. Thanks for putting the effort in and describing it clearly. I'll update the wiki for now. We may in due course look at making it a bit more forgiving if possible!

8. Thanks for the mod!

or Sign Up to reply!